+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Feeling desperate.

Feeling desperate.

Don't really know where to start...

Well i'm having issues with my boyfriend (of 1.6yrs) I'm 21 he's 20 we both work at the same company and its really small..along with working with him I work with his mother, and step dad. I work hand in hand with his mom and lets just say we used to be really good friends we still are, however when we talk about everyday things like whats going on in the news etc we butt heads on almost every thing. I do not argue on anything I just bite my tongue and nod. For one I love her and my boyfriend so I don't want any conflict. She's always wanting me at her house on the weekends for drinks..i'm not a big drinker especially 151 almost EVERY weekend. I'll do it almost once a month but thats all they want to do on the weekends especially as its getting colder outside, me and my boyfriend are literally together 24/7. We work together eat together and sleep together here at my moms house I try not to sleep over at his parents house for the simple fact that they smoke in the house and it flares up my asthma. I feel like i'm making my boyfriend stay with me and not spend time with his family, but every time I tell him to go hang out with his family when I don't want to he won't, and when he does I feel like shit then because we never spend any quality time together JUST THE TWO OF US. Our time together is either involved with my family, his family or work. Not to mention he plays World of Warcraft and C.O.D on xbox I just don't feel like he's committed to this relationship anymore..I don't know what to do..any female advise would be greatly appreciated.

Not to mention he plays World of Warcraft and C.O.D on xbox I just don't feel like he's committed to this relationship anymore
    lol, i don't think you should take it too seriously....it's just his guilty pleasure! My husband is 32 yrs old and still plays playstation games.....he is 100% committed in the relationship, but he's a guy and likes to do guy things like play video games on his spare time....and i'm a girl and like to watch my girly drama filled tv shows.
    It's tough when he still lives at home....your own privacy becomes a factor because you are in his parents house, you follow by his parents rules. There is nothing much you can do about that but move out together, until then.... get used to his parents. If you two ever end up married....you'll have to get used to them!

Your relationship sounds like its headed down a bad road. You say you spend 24/7 together, but then go on to say you don't spend any quality time together. You're both in your 20s, so why are you living at home still? Why are you sleeping together at your parents house? This seems weird to me. Furthermore, spending every waking moment together simply isn't healthy, and getting upset because you're together non-stop and he wants some "him" time to play video games is absurd.

I think you need to add a degree of seperation, spend some time with your friends, or alone, or with your family by yourself. Being clingy and needy isn't going to make things better.

Guys view.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

yes, and you two already spend 24/7 together..... both of you need to make time for friends, family, hobbies, interests, etc. That would be awful if you made him choose family or you. Plus you two spend all day together, so when he wants to spend time with his own family....you'll have to be dragged along or else he wouldn't be able to ever see them!

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That's one of the biggest killers of relationships, being around each other 24/7. You have no time to miss each other's company. Go out on your own more often or with friends, and try to plan special times with your bf that you're actually going out and doing something together. You're going to start feeling like an old married couple, which is not where you want to be in your early 20's!
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi