+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm really confused.

I'm really confused.

So, I recently was sort of set up with a guy I met online by a friend. And he's crazy sweet. I do want to be with him very much. I mean, I pretty much am, already...
    But something feels, I don't know, off. I'm really confusing myself.
    We've only known each other about a month, and this is my first relationship. Not to mention it is long distance. Is it normal to feel uncertain about all of it? Should I stick around and see how I feel after I get to know him better and spend more time with him? Did we just go too fast?
    He is coming to see me over the break. Should I wait and see how I feel when I meet him face-to-face, maybe see if there's more of a spark in person?

It is very normal to feel like that, especially because you only know him online. I think that you should keep things as friends for now and see how things go when you meet him face to face. spend time with each other and get to know each other. I myself am going through something like that except its not long distance and we work together. you just need to get to know each other and be on a friend level for awhile. Dont rush things and jump into a relationship before you are completely ready. Sometimes its better to be friends for a while before dating.

If it has only been a month, it is perfectly normal to feel that way. And long distance acts like a giant magnifying glass when it comes with relationships. Just take your time, enjoy the getting-to-know each other phase, and take a deep breath or two. The more you think about things the more you will overthink things.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

Yes it's normal to feel like that, in your first relationship, or early relationships. It takes some getting used to.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)