+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need creative ideas.

need creative ideas.

So I have been hanging out with this guy I met at work and he asked me a couple weeks ago if I would be his girl. At the time it was a difficult situation because I had just got out of a relationship. However, I am ready now and want a creative way to tell him. I will be telling/showing him sometime closer to Christmas since he wont let me buy him anything, plus i think this will be a much better gift for him than anything i could buy. I need ideas on what i can do to tell him that im ready. Any suggestions?!?!

Yes. Let him know that you are willing to take the risk of screwing up your and his career and your working relationship by going out with him. (Obviously, I don't think dating someone you work with is the best idea.) But I wouldn't worry about a creative way to tell him... And I wouldn't wait. You don't know, he might be moving on and finding someone else.

Just ask him out. That will tell him all he needs to know.

Good luck.
    Brought to you by Dating With Devon!

why not put a bow on your head and tell him that you are his gift for christmas.

how about "I am ready now"? why do you think you need to be creative?

first of all devon, this job is just a temporary part time second job for me for the holidays for a little bit of help, so the rudeness and sarcasm is not appreciated. I would like to do something a little creative other than just telling him since he does not want me to buy him anything for Christmas. I would like to make a nice memory out of it, and trust me...I know he is not moving on and finding someone else.

Haha. Devon? Sarcastic and rude? I think you're being a little too sensitive, OP. He gave you good advice, as he normally does here.

I think it's a bit egotistical to consider yourself the most wonderful gift, a gift better than any money could ever buy. "For Christmas? You get ME. Now be grateful and thank me."

It's also kind of mean to make him wait a couple more weeks so that you can do some kind of big reveal. That is childish. You said yourself you know he's not moving on. He could be feeling miserable right now, thinking that you don't want him. Just tell him you want to date him and then bake him some ****ing cookies or something for his Christmas gift.

There, now you can complain about someone being sarcastic and rude and you won't be completely out of line this time.

This can end very badly with him misinterpreting things if you are not crystal clear that you are now ready to date him. So, simply say "I'm ready to date you now" and give him a slow kiss on the lips. Don't be vague, don't beat around the bush, be direct. Vague flirting can be saved for later when you two know each other better.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)