+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Girls don't have mutual interests with me...

Quote Originally Posted by stuckies View Post
    Congratulations! You've met them all?
    Real clever..I take it you pulled that one of the stock cliche file?

So. Cal. for college girls is notoriously homogenous. Stereotypes are rampant because frankly diversity doesn't really exist here.

Congratulations! You've met them all?
    Haha! You're right : D.

OP, how can you possibly know that ALL "modern attractive (attractive TO YOU, you meant?) girls" are shallow etc?! And I agree with bcgirl too, your negativity and pretentiousness and smart-assery is such a huge turn-off. I don't buy that you aren't like this in real life as well, come on. Unless you're a troll (which would make sense), you are what you are and even if you don't openly say these things to people in the real world, they definitely, undoubtedly do "exude" from you. The very fact that you don't say what you think to people irl means that you consider them too shallow and insignificant and that they "wouldn't understand", right?

Do you have any friends? Like, real actual friends, not just people you consider somehow inferior and just hang out with because otherwise you'd be alone all the time?

You're also forgetful. You said you DESERVE a loving relationship. Well welcome to the world of other people, where we can be as nice as we can and still get treated like shit.
    Now here's a statement that is true and actually reflects some insight on your part. Otherwise, you come across as really paranoid and twisting my words, acting as though I am some sort of egomaniac. What say you knock off the persecution complex?

Quote Originally Posted by searock View Post
    Haha! You're right : D.

OP, how can you possibly know that ALL "modern attractive (attractive TO YOU, you meant?) girls" are shallow etc?! And I agree with bcgirl too, your negativity and pretentiousness and smart-assery is such a huge turn-off. I don't buy that you aren't like this in real life as well, come on. Unless you're a troll (which would make sense), you are what you are and even if you don't openly say these things to people in the real world, they definitely, undoubtedly do "exude" from you. The very fact that you don't say what you think to people irl means that you consider them too shallow and insignificant and that they "wouldn't understand", right?

Do you have any friends? Like, real actual friends, not just people you consider somehow inferior and just hang out with because otherwise you'd be alone all the time?
    Riiight...women don't like headstrong jerkwads...(not to be confused with implying myself as one).

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    The indie "scene" is just a demonstration that I hate modern douchebaggery and all affiliates; I like classics of this and that, in terms of music, literature, etc.
    Don't be silly. Of COURSE there are girls that like these things - you just haven't put yourself in a position to meet them. For example, if I wanted to meet a girl who had a deep appreciation of classical music, I would probably take up playing the violin. People involved in orchestra appreciate good music. If I wanted to meet a girl who was interested in classic literature, I would look for an English major (a dime a dozen, BTW.)

You think modern attractive girls care for things that aren't uber shallow and contemporary?
    Hah! You think it's any easier to find a MALE who isn't?

Anyway, stop whining. You are young - most people your age haven't met their match.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Don't be silly. Of COURSE there are girls that like these things - you just haven't put yourself in a position to meet them. For example, if I wanted to meet a girl who had a deep appreciation of classical music, I would probably take up playing the violin. People involved in orchestra appreciate good music. If I wanted to meet a girl who was interested in classic literature, I would look for an English major (a dime a dozen, BTW.)

Hah! You think it's any easier to find a MALE who isn't?

Anyway, stop whining. You are young - most people your age haven't met their match.

Thank you! Your responses are actually things I can contemplate on, really work with.

The indie "scene" is just a demonstration that I hate modern douchebaggery and all affiliates; I like classics of this and that, in terms of music, literature, etc.

You think modern attractive girls care for things that aren't uber shallow and contemporary? Sadly not, says I empirically.
    Yes there are plenty of girls who are thank you very much. While i may be intelligent i don't come off as a pompous ass like you are by your posts. Get this i'm 25 and i love classics mostly in books and while i don't like most of what is on television, i at least watch things with an open mind, if i don't like it i don't like it, but it doesn't mean i'll say someone is less educated because of what they like at all or even talk bad about what is on tv, the radio and even in books now adays.

I think you need to dumb yourself down a bit and become open to all of this stuff you say you dislike, because you never know you may find you like some of it or even better try to find groups you can join where there will be people who have similar interests as you, you never know you could always find someone you like.

Here's my example: they guy i really like, he's into twilight (yeah i know laugh haha) anyways, i'm not a fan of twilight but i at least have an open mind to it, why because it's something he likes and by showing him i'm showing interest in what he likes even though he knows i don't like it, he appreciates it. It doesn't take a lot, he's even gotten me into things i said i disliked in the past and vise versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Riyko View Post
    I think you need to dumb yourself down a bit and become open to all of this stuff you say you dislike, because you never know you may find you like some of it or even better try to find groups you can join where there will be people who have similar interests as you, you never know you could always find someone you like.
    So a confirmation of my worst fears...*sigh* I always suspected this was the case. Thus, I think I can upgrade what was formerly a hypothesis into pretty much a theory.

So a confirmation of my worst fears...*sigh* I always suspected this was the case. Thus, I think I can upgrade what was formerly a hypothesis into pretty much a theory.
    = you're a frustrated virgin or troll.

= you're a frustrated virgin or troll.
    I admit to being of the former. I don't really find too much shame in it, however.

A dating site, especially one that isn't really all that active or "happening", would be low game for a troll (I not being one). There are better fares for trolling the Internet, I would imagine.
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 12-12-11 at 04:24 AM.

I'll take a stab at this......you need to be more open minded about the world around you, and the people that live in it....you have been living in a bubble for way too long, isolating yourself. You need to get outside and smell some fresh new air. There are a lot of great new things out there to discover, and new people to meet.....life would be so boring if there wasn't any variety. Time for you to get out of your comfort zone.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you want to be scared into action, have a look at CAM's threads, especially the ones prior to this year. That is where you are headed if you don't make more of an effort to connect to your own generation.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Thanks for that. Did a little search and found some very interesting threads.."Interesting" here denoting several different contexts.

Taking one's head out of their ass would be a good start.........the air would be a little fresher lol.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Taking one's head out of their ass would be a good start.........the air would be a little fresher lol.
    Yeah, I'd give that exact advice to whomever has that problem..don't know anyone applicable, though. Lol!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast