+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do?

What to do?

Hi guys,

I've been meeting this girl for a number of weeks. Straight from the off we had the same sense of humour and went on a few fun dates and always had a laugh. However after a while I knew I didn't want a relationship with her and told her, she accepted it and said she was happy to keep on meeting me from time to time because we had a good laugh together. I know that what I really should've done was cut all ties and parted as friend, at the time I kind of felt sorry for her because we'd been out on a fair few good dates.

Anyway now I've been trying to gradually give her the hint that I'm not interested because she appears to be facebook stalking me, she seems to be buying me presents weekly, she's also now give me a Christmas bag with over 200 worth of presents in. I can't afford to spend that much back on her and almost feel awkward accepting these gifts, even though it's really kind.

As I said I know I should've cut ties at the start, now I feel almost obliged to keep meeting this girl. Any ideas on how any of you would approach this would be great.

Thanks

Be HONEST. Treat others as you'd like to be treated.

I wouldn't suggest saying you kept seeing her because you felt sorry for her that would be an extra kick in the teeth.

Ya I agree just be honest with her. Tell her you don't feel comfortable with your friendship anymore. Say, even tho the gifts were a flattering gesture, you feel that they were not really appropriate, in fact it made you feel uncomfortable, with that being said you wish to move on so you both must part ways.....then delete her off FB.

Tell her you will not accept the gifts. And don't. Then cut off all communication with her and don't see her again.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

it's one thing to be polite and civil, it's another thing to cut her off at the knee without an explanation. Lots of the threads on here have that as a question!