+ Follow This Topic

Thread: marraige in the dumps ??

marraige in the dumps ??

Hello and good eveining i have a question for you i need some input on my wife and i have been married for 29 years , but in recent years its gone down hill we still tolerate each other not necessairly in love any more we dont have sex at all none zero !!
    our activities we differ alot on i like doing alot of social activities that my wife dont care for and believe ive tried to ask her to come with or include in my plans but she wont come with liie concerts , parties etc. i have a lot of friends i hang with ( most of them female )and a majority are married and dont mind being with me god knows i ve asked her to accompany me with them and sometimes their husbands but it seems likeshe dont like my freinds or something they also think she is strange
    my question tonight is should i have to give upmy activities and please my wife and have no life just becuse she dont like doing certrain things or going palces with me ?? sfs

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    HELL NO. you are in this world to satisfy yourself. you've tried meeting her half way, yet she refused to return the favor. honestly, in your situation i would probably be stubborn and very bitter, only leading to a more resentful relationship. however this is the childish side of me talking.

being that you've been married for 29 years, it's really different to be so incompadible yet to remain together for all these years. strange. honestly, maybe you should start to talk to your wife more and maybe find out her reason why she doesn't want to interact in your activities. maybe she wants to spend more quality time together or maybe she wants you to really "spice" up the sex life to get back into it. however, i would try a few different things with her and if she still seems as though she doesn't care, in the end, i wouldn't either. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

well walkguy it's dissappointing that your friends feel this way about your "wife". I would think that after 29 years you would be aware of what she does or doesn't like. Unlike raverboy(much respect to you raverboy) I think that once you are married you are in it to satisfy both you and your wife.

I strongly think if you haven't already you should discuss this with your wife. It obviously concerns you enough to ask stranger's for advice on it which is hopefully a good sign. Whatever you do please don't give up on her please. She has feelings and maybe she's just jealous???