+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any others really hope in their youth to get seduced?

Any others really hope in their youth to get seduced?

Another thread totally sparked my recall: I've always wanted to get seduced. It would have been uber flattering to even be singled out for such a momentous effort.

Anybody else think seduction is kind of hot?

**I didn't realize I mixed tenses in the thread title...whoopsie!
    Last edited by Love'sReject; 12-12-11 at 09:22 AM.

I'm an aggressor so i don't know what it's like.

Nah I don't want to be seduced. I'm a guy though, and I have to feel like the guy. I have been seduced after doing the seducing, obviously, but no. I'm one of those condescending twits that doesn't like it if it's easy. Not gonna lie, I'm a sucker for the hard to get chicks.

Come on, ain't you seen "The Graduate"? I ironically find that film glamorous, completely ignoring the core message..

What? No, I haven't... I don't need to make or watch movies for love stuff. I have real life and this forum for that! Hah!

Quote Originally Posted by rightmeow! View Post
    What? No, I haven't... I don't need to make or watch movies for love stuff. I have real life and this forum for that! Hah!
    Haha, yeah, assuming what you were saying on another thread is true (as a smart guy, I have to maintain certain levels of skepticism but try to believe the credibility of the poster when deemed likely they are actually posting honestly) then genetic factors pretty much favored you as well as being a gifted athlete the jock favoritism just adds to the ease with which you could probably get girls.

For myself, however, if I had to take a shot at my own psychoanalysis:

I'd rather a girl dared to go against social norms and actually pursue me, the guy, for a change. My life with girls has been nothing but challenge, so I'd like to be gifted by the fates kindly for a change.

My efforts with girls are nothing short of Herculean with nothing to show for it.

Girls do go after guys. This isn't the 1950's.

Sounds like you are going for the wrong girls dude. Try hanging around libraries or perhaps join a symphony orchestra so you can find someone that meets your incredibly refined standards. You may have to sacrifice her looking like a supermodel though which will probably disappoint you.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Haha, the second sentence after the skip cracked me up. Now that I re-read the 3rd as well, I also laughed. Pretty spot-on!

As for your intro., eh, I don't know...Aside from the Sadie Hawkins back in high school, I can't really recall seeing it (except my first and presently only ex asked me out....granted, she was, without any bitter narrative on the subject, absolutely psychotic in a clinical fashion).

Seriously just chill out a bit. People pick up on vibes. You need to be someone that people will WANT to get to know and pursue. But this will only occur if you are in the company of people that share similar interests. You can't expect a hottie at the local bar, who may be more concerned with Paris Hilton's latest bag collection than the current Euro crisis, to float your boat and vice versa. You will bore each other in seconds.

So rather than complain about not being able to meet a girl who has similar interests why not be proactive and put yourself in situations where you will. And there is not always a need to use your vast and impressive vocab in the first 30 seconds of meeting someone. Contrary to what you may think it isn't attractive to everyone. Doesn't mean they are not intelligent just means you sound a bit stuck up and know-it-all-ish. Not attractive. Be easy-going. Chill bro.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

It'll be difficult; small-talk is almost a phobia (I think you just gave me an idea on what to Google next).

Your situation is sooooo familar to me. My ex, whom I adore very much and am still friends with, is exactly the same as you. He will delve straight into the 'meaning of life' stuff to chicks he has just met and wonders why they run for the hills.

You don't necessarily have to engage in typical small talk. Just show an interest. Not just the usual 'what do you do?' type stuff but try and find a bit about what they are about and then if there is common ground go from there. Or say something witty. Keep it light initially. When you get to know enough each other better then you can get into the deep stuff. If you start out with that straightaway then there is no mystery for subsequent dates.

I read somewhere that a person knows within like 10 seconds of meeting someone if they want to get to know them further so if you are more relaxed and letting off good vibes then you have more chance of them wanting to find out more about you.

You sound like you have quite a chip on your shoulder with conformity. If you want to be in the dating game you have to be prepared to be more open-minded. Doesn't mean sacrificing your values or changing who you are just means appreciating the fact that everyone is different and everyone has a story to tell. Sometimes the people you least expect have the most inspiring stories and lives. So don't be judgmental. You could learn a thing or two about life from the very people you consider to be 'below you'.

Quote Originally Posted by Love'sReject View Post
    Another thread totally sparked my recall: I've always wanted to get seduced. It would have been uber flattering to even be singled out for such a momentous effort.

Anybody else think seduction is kind of hot?

**I didn't realize I mixed tenses in the thread title...whoopsie!
    I've had women I've met ring my doorbell unexpectedly and be there for sex. It's hot.

Ok, once it was kind of creepy. She didn't have my address or phone number and I didn't think she had my full name... and I'd left her the night before thinking thankfully that I'd never see her again.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I've had women I've met ring my doorbell unexpectedly and be there for sex. It's hot.

Ok, once it was kind of creepy. She didn't have my address or phone number and I didn't think she had my full name... and I'd left her the night before thinking thankfully that I'd never see her again.
    Haha. That is some mighty fine detective work!

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    Haha. That is some mighty fine detective work!
    Yeah... I never did find out how she found me. I'm thinking one of my friends thought it was funny to give her info.

I guess I was sorta seduced. I was talking to a girl with the intention of dating her. First conversation, she says "How about getting a jacuzzi room at the (hotel)?" So, she took the lead on that one. And yes, I'm going. We will not be gambling. *smiley* We'll see how aggressive she is at the hotel.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)