+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The love of my life an I dunno...

The love of my life an I dunno...

My girlfriend of 3 months does not work or go to school. She was in rehab for a year until January this year. We met In September. She has been off drugs for a while and I don't really think drugs are the real problem because she is not on any and I am not a naive guy I have been through a lot of drugs but that is all in my past.
    The Point of this is to say that for three months I have been spending time with this amazing beautiful woman and she has made me feel special and amazing and I know I make her feel the same. The problem is that everytime I bring up that she should go to school or get a job she get's really ****in sad starts crying and thinking how useless she is and says she wants to die... everytime... (I have brought it up 3 times in 3 months about). I feel like I have been waiting to see if she feels any better eventually but she doesn't. I don't know what to do because I know that it is incredibly unhealthy to feel like you want to die and everything is impossible when you think about your future. I feel like I know I can do anything and I know she can do anything so why doesn't she get off her ass and make her life better.

Like I said I really don't know but I am trying to figure out what to do. I don't want to leave her, I am a hard working guy (I go to school and have a part time job) but I want to do the right thing...

If she is clean, she surely feels like a different person to when she has had addictions. But not everyone that gets clean is brimming with confidence and ready to lead their new life. She is probably scared of the big wide world mow she sees it differently?

She should definitely get therapy.

Beckyboo and Searock both make good points. Your gf sounds like a drama queen, and counseling would probably help. It could also be an organic mental illness, possibly caused by the drugs. Certain drugs do a lot of damage to the brain.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Okay so it wasn't drama at all... she was raped in 2008... I have found out who the guy is and want to kill him, my girlfriend is getting help and she never told anyone until me the other day! I have another question I don't know if I should ask it here but I want to know if other people say I should just move on and forget about this guy (who I don't know and since I didn't know my girlfriend at the time couldn't do anything back then) I feel so angry I actually want to kill this man!

Who the hell are you to tell her what she should and should not do?