+ Follow This Topic

Thread: told me somthing then asked a blunt question

told me somthing then asked a blunt question

I went out with this woman, shes 33 and I'm 28...not a big difference I feel, or an issue with her/me. She was very up front with me on what she wanted and I like that. She told me I have her full attention on wanting to get to know me better and said she's glad we met. I feel the same. Shortly after she told me this she asked me how open do I keep my options when I get to know sum1, she said she was just curious. She has told me shes very impressed with me and I'm not like anyone she knows, that I'm super mature for my age. She wants stability and does not want any games, we are both divorced, she only had 1 child who is 11.

I told her I prefere to take 1 at a time 1 and not juggle women if I like sum1. Which that is my true deal. I had already asked her out on another date and she agreed. She asked me that questions about 12 hrs after I told her I want to see her again, she said she would like that very much.

My best guess is she feels a super strong attraction/connection with me and wants to know if I am into her as much as she is into me. I've never been asked this type of question so it caught me off gaurd but I felt I might as well be honest. I am into her big time, not sure why but I dont need a reason to.

I'm wondering other options on what the question might really mean, or if I am on the right track. Either way I dont wanna play her, Shes my main focus right now because I decided she is.
    Last edited by oldskool83; 13-12-11 at 12:27 AM.

It just sounds like she wants to make sure she's not one of many or that you're still going to be searching particularly if you met her online where many people have a candy store mentality and don't settle down with one date, ever.

I think it was a good question because she likely was trying to find out if you both were of the same mindset when it comes to dating. I also think your answer satisfied her nicely.

Good luck.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Its a strange question for her to ask? As a woman, i have never asked a guy that question, neither do i know a woman that has asked that. I dont mean this in an insulting or cruel way, but is she genuinely divorced? If she is looking for stability witin a relationship, why is she asking about keeping options open??

I can't say what she meant by it, but I am a girl who has asked a girl a similar question. The reason I asked it was because I was massively into her and was ready for a relationship with her, however I knew she had a bit of a reputation for juggling guys and girls, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't one of many.

shes divorced as much as I'm divorced lol, and been for 3 years now, I'm divorced 4. I can agree with you wakeup. I know she works alot and does not go out much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beckyboo View Post
    Its a strange question for her to ask? As a woman, i have never asked a guy that question, neither do i know a woman that has asked that. I dont mean this in an insulting or cruel way, but is she genuinely divorced? If she is looking for stability witin a relationship, why is she asking about keeping options open??
    Re-read it Becky. She's not wanting to keep options open, she's wanting to know if Oldschool is into keeping options open because she doesn't want that.

You were trying to keep your options open even though you're married when you were going to meet up with your old male mate. Oldschools new date doesn't want that to happen on her.

She said: "I want stability and I don't want any games." That pretty much right there says she's not wanting to be one of many... that she does not want to keep options open.
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I've asked it. I want to know if someone is multi-dating or not. I can then decide whether I'm comfortable with that depending on how I feel about that person.

Then my assumption was right it seems. Shes just not wanting to put time into somthing with me if im putting time into other. Im very open to the fact of giving her my sole sorce of attention. Im guessing by her comment " i dont date alot and you have my full attention" would mean there is no one else she is even interested in being interested in because i am standing out.

cool.