+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Anybody experienced or know of a ex coming back after being in a rebound relationship

Anybody experienced or know of a ex coming back after being in a rebound relationship

I'm curious to know if anyone has had their ex come back to them while or after they have been in a rebound relationship or does anybody know of a scenario like that?

My situation is i was with my ex for just over 3 years, she broke up with me 3 months ago because things went bad and i had changed as a person (wont go into detail because theres to much to go into) few weeks later she met this guy started seeing him then got into a relationship about a month after seeing him they have been together officially for a month.

I havnt spoke to her for just over a month now. I left things on good terms with her when we last spoke and i remember asking if she really liked him and from the reaction i got i wasnt too convinced, he did ask her out before but she turned him down but then later said yes.

Anyway back on subject. Anybody experienced or know of a ex coming back after being in a rebound relationship?

Bump Bump Bump

No. In all likelihood it won't happen. I was with a woman for 8 years, dumped her and found someone else. Might be worth getting 'out there' again.

Yes, there are tons of cases where a person will want their ex back after a rebound. The main explanation to this is quite simple. You two were together for a long time, broke-up and then she felt like she needed to find a "re-bound" to help her feel better....a rebound is there to mask the pain of the break-up.....eventually, if you didn't grieve from the break-up a healthy way, you will one day explode. She is grieving now. She realized that her re-bound didn't take away her pain, and so she feels like she wants you back. It's normal (one way of coping with a break-up). But, you two broke up for a reason. Be strong and stick to the reason why you two broke up. Now add her fling with this re-bound guy and that adds another problem to the relationship if you decide to get back together. The biggest mistake people tend to make in relationships is the whole cycle of breaking-up then making up. It's because we are all human and our emotions get the best of us instead of our logic. You are having second thoughts about getting back with your ex even though she f*cked another guy because you miss her, and you two had history, and you remember the good times.....but i betcha if you do get back together, the chances of you two getting back to the way things were before you two broke up is very high.

I know this from first hand experience. I used to break-up with my ex.... find a rebound guy....go back to my ex...... then break-up after a while.... find a rebound guy....go back to the ex.... the cycle continues.
    Last edited by bcgirl; 19-12-11 at 01:15 AM.

I know the reasons to why the relationship went bad and i know the reasons why i pushed her that far. Dont know if she fell out of love with me or got scared so she ran.

Its been just over 6 weeks NC and 3 months since the break. I thought that her seeing another person would make me hate her but even if i try to hate her i cant for long, i still love her.

Ive tried getting back out there but even if i do get a date i dont go through with it because i think its not fair on the person because im still in love with my ex.

The bit that annoys me is that we were together for just over 3 years and she just dropped it like that, its as if she put a wall up between us and anything i said or done just didnt do anything.

Its only a matter of time i suppose but anyway enough about me just wondering if anybody has experienced or seen things like this happen.

I have actually three different kind of experiences of that. So it does happen. I have a hot temper so sometimes I finish relationships when I'm angry and after a while I realize that I didn't think it through and I go back to my old boyfriend.

@girloutoftown - Can you go into detail with them experiences please?

Quote Originally Posted by downesy22 View Post
    @girloutoftown - Can you go into detail with them experiences please?
    Well I have both experiences, my ex boyfriend coming back to me after a rebound and I’m going back to him. I have couple very long relationships where I have been with someone for several years. So if you are with someone a long time there is a lot of good times and bad ones.

So the main reason I always went back to the ex after a rebound was because I felt more loved by the ex than the new guy. I end up being in relationships because I like to be loved.

Ones I was abroad for 9 months and I was pretty sure that it was all over with my ex when I came back, I didn’t have any romantic feelings towards him anymore. But after 2 weeks back home I was back in love with more than I ever was before. So I feel that you can fall in love with a same person more than ones in a life time.

Also I had one ex who I dumped because I wasn’t sure of my feelings towards him. We had a brake of two years and I had another boyfriend between. But I think his trick to get me back was that he was always reminding about himself to me. He didn’t disappear completely after the break up and he was always very nice, complimenting me, sending happy birthday and Christmas messages. He basically said that when you are done with that guy I’m here waiting for you and I love more than this guy. But he didn’t say that in a pushy or desperate way. You have to be confident. So when I broke up with the new guy it was very easy to go back to him because I knew he was waiting for me. He left a door open to me.

So I think the trick for a man to get his ex back is to be confident and consistent and also to tell her how much you love her... If you give up too easily she will think that you are not worth it or not serious.

Interesting, i agree with the confident bit but not the contacting her telling her constantly how much your love her etc... it will make me look like a stalker and weak.

For me whenever i think of doing something like that my guts tell me not too so im going by that because just after the break up i listened to my emotions and it got me further away from getting her back.

Way i am going to act is confident and like the guy that she fell in love with not the idiot i turned into.

and if she asks why i deleted her of facebook and about being friends i will simply tell her "when i said you lost me, i ment it. You wither want me or you dont"

Big risk to say something like that but with the way things are i might aswell say it because we are not even talking anyway and just over 3 years we were together all them memories and feelings cant just go away within a few months surely because mine hasnt and during the relationship she was madly in love with me.

Looking at everything thats happened it seems that she ran away and to ensure she didnt come back she went with someone else to try and move on and if i was acting the way i was now then it would make it easier for her because she will see that i havnt changed. But i have changed, i have stopped my drug taking and i have become myself again (it feels great to be back)

Suppose only fate can solve this one because we are both very stubborn.
    Last edited by downesy22; 22-12-11 at 02:25 PM.

When I hooked up with rebound guys it was to help me get over my ex, ,or when me and my ex were in a fight or a seperation.....perhaps I might fall in love with this rebound guy and live happier ever after. It never ends up that way. Not to say that rebound guys were the problem....they were all great guys. The problem was me and my emotional unstable-ness. I kept on running back into the arms of my ex due to the history we had together. I was with my ex for several years... during the course of the relationship i had a total of 15 rebound guys.

What was the longest relationship you had with a rebound guy during this?