+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Bowling as a first date?

Bowling as a first date?

Hey all, I really enjoy these forums and have learned alot. I got a question hopefully I can get some help with

Well I have been chatting with a girl for about 5 days and am planning on asking her on a date. Now this is the first time I have asked a girl out over the internet so I could really use some help

1) I'm thinking about asking her to go bowling. Now I'm 23 and I don't drink alcohol at all. I know she does a bit but I wouldn't feel comfortable asking her out to a bar or somewhere for drink when I'm not going to drink alcohol and she might. The nearest coffee place is 30 minutes away for me and 45 minutes away for her. So I really don't want to make her drive all that was just for a date, and to be honest I don't think she would like the idea of riding in a car for close to an hour with a guy she's never met. I figure bowling would be a good chance for us to talk while doing something fun.

2)Now I have always asked girls out in person. High School and college and that. So when I ask her to go bowling like how do I word it? I mean do I word it as a date?

Might be a stupid question but like I said, I have never asked a girl out over the internet.

So thanks for the help, and I really appreciate it!!!

hey wanna go bowlin with my this weekend? if she wants to se will, its that simple and it will be a date.

Ask her and see what happens. My GF (and we're talking ancient history now) said if you're in my neck of the woods lets get together. I was there 3 days later and we're still an item after 15 months.

"Hi. Want to go on a date and go bowling?" I always use the word "date" so she doesn't assume you want to be friends.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)