+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Could my manager have a crush on me?

Could my manager have a crush on me?

I've had my new job for 3 months now. From the first day I started he introduced himself right away, he has always been exstreamly kind and polite to me, and he is the same way with some employees, but when we're alone, he seems to come towards a loss of words. The few conversations we did have we're about our passions and after they were over he seemed flushed and began to mutter stuff under his breath when I walked away. Later when as customer complimented my looks and attitude, he agreed and smiled and called me very beautiful and warm. Whenever we make eye contact he smiles. He's always helpful and sweet to me. He's not into full on flirting at work, he's very respectful and professional, but he's still been giving me the looks and work-related compliments. He's very polite. And he's slowly becoming more compfertable talking to him. He's fairly protective of me, he jumped another coworker's case for speaking vulgarities around me. The only time he gets stern regarding somthing.Today he tried to talk to me, but I think I made him nervous. When we had to find some papers today, he asked me to find them, I did, but another coworker asked him why he was looking at him and not me, the coworker paused and said "oh I know why" and my manager hushed him and gave him a dirty look. He's hard to read, I know that making eye contact is a sign as well as him being lenient and the fact he's always happy to see me. Today when an older coustomer I was helping started flirting, he watched the scenario and quickly made me do something else. He commented that he thought the coustomer looked depressed he took me away (in a joking but smug since, he was watching this guy flirt with me and got me away from him) and that he was kind of an old creep. What I want to know is what's up? Does this guy have a crush on me or what? He is a polite person, but I find he almost babies me and then complements everything I do. I came in with a friend he asked if he was my boyfriend, and my friend also thinks he's infatuated with me. I really like him. He's not a typical pig or flirt. Am I completely misunderstanding his signals? What should I watch for? Does anyone see the situation different? I adore the guy, I'm. Thinking of asking my coworkers about the situation, because I feel like the know things I don't.

One should NEVER get involved with their boss, as they often lose their job when a breakup happens. It's also not a good idea to date someone in the same company at the same building.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

My favorite dating site is lovingrich.com It is a serious& safe dating site, the best for online dating beginners and serious people. I found my love here. I have to say it's he best site I have ever joined so far. They verify all members. Unlike other sites,NO scammers or fake profiles here, and you can meet many rich or beautiful singles as well, including celebs, famous stars.BEST OF LUCK!

eh what bulrush said its true, it's typically not a good idea to date your co-workers, but it happens. If you like him, then go for it and seduce him or something. he probably doesn't now if you like him or not and he is shy. He doesn't seem like the typical perverts who wants to get in bed with you kind of guy. The way you described him, sounds genuine and sincere. Anyways if you like, then show interest in him. You could start by saying that you want to go check out a movie you been dying to see or a restaurant around him. He will get the hint. If not, then you probably have to tell him what's up because some guys are either too dumb to know what's up, or they are to scared to make a move.

I have a similar situation like yours too but he's not my boss or co-worker. He also babies me and tries to protect me. Like if a friend asked me to take a sip of there drink, he won't let me drink cuz I am lightweight. he smiles at me too even though I made him emo though because I been kinda avoiding him since I don't like him. I mean what kind of guy goes clubbing when he is sick? he held onto my hand to protect me from this guy... It made me feel awkward since I just want to be his friend. He has temper issues which I cannot handle... But yea since your situation is smiliar like mines, I am sure he likes you. One of his friend tickled me, and I knelt down and he came up to me and asked if I was ok.