+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I get my boyfriend to express his feelings for me?

How can I get my boyfriend to express his feelings for me?

Me and my boyfriend will be going out for 2 years on New year's eve. And for a while now I can't get him to tell me how he feels about me and why does he love me and stuff. He used to for a few months at the beginning and now it's stopped.

Please please help me

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    guys don't express their feelings...unless they are gay...
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

^^ Not true. Mainly confident guys express their feelings. Sounds like he does not have much true confidence, he just fakes it. Just ask for short statements about his feelings for you each day, once per day. Get him to get used to the idea, one small step at a time. Then gradually ask him to be more specific.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

You want the short answer or the long one? Short one; relationships develop and usually the need for constant reaffirmation goes away after time.

Long one; time has passed, you've grown closer and there isn't much need for lovey dovey stuff ALL the time anymore. We all like to be valued, but he probably also has a life outside of his relationship. Bottom line; speak to him honestly. Only risk you run is being too needy. Then again, if he's any type of real man he'll take it on board and try his best to make you feel safe. It begs the question though; is there something else missing from your relationship? I mean, do you give HIM love and affection in the right proportion? Use it sparingly, or he'll come to take it for granted. Relationship problems are very rarely only one parties' fault. It takes two to tango.