+ Follow This Topic

Thread: what do girls like?

what do girls like?

what do girls look for in a guy? and what impresses them?
    girls seriously know how to kill, very slowly

Varies from girl to girl, but the unchangeables among the majority (I am guessing here, btw) are probably:

1) Give her higher priority than your friends, family and golden retriever;
    2) In conversation, do not reply with grunts or monosyllabic words: be worldly, have something to bring to the table;
    3) Pay attention to her wants and needs. Not just material; emotional are more important -- which means support her in times of need (example: she is feeling low because she doesn't think she did that well on a test, etc.) and stand up for her before your friends and family.
    4) This almost goes without saying, but nevertheless bears repeating: be interested in her for reasons other than sexual. You gotta like her personality and enjoy communicating with her.

A lot of these apply to when you're already in a relationship. But to pick a girl up, you mainly just need 2 and 4.

What IMPRESSES (me at least, big time):
    1) When a man knows how to cook;
    2) When he is true to himself (can stand up for himself or others);
    3) Good conversationalist;
    4) Good dresser (not a deciding trait, but impressive nonetheless);
    5) SMART and well-educated;
    6) Independent financially;
    7) Gentleman. Open doors, offer to help carry heavy things.

And here's what NOT to do, when you're trying to pick up a girl:
    1) Sexist remarks are absolutely OUT;
    2) If I catch you lying (even about the smallest things), you can forget about it -- but I don't know if other girls are as strict about it as I am;
    3) Cheap. If you're asking me out, you HAVE to at least offer to pay. For the both of you.
    WARNING: Too much too soon is a bad idea as well. For example, on the first date, don't pay for dinner, buy her flowers, bring her jewelry, and take her to a Broadway play (true story, btw). She'll think you're trying to buy her off, and that'll turn her off. (Okay, I'm projecting, but you don't need to be guessing whether she likes you for you or your money anyway.)
    4) Boring. If you can't talk to me, I don't wanna be with you.
    Last edited by IceQueen; 30-06-03 at 11:34 PM.

yeah my kinda guy would be a someone good at hart.. i totally agree with icequeen
    all the What IMPRESSES (me at least, big time):
    1) When a man knows how to cook;
    2) When he is true to himself (can stand up for himself or others);
    3) Good conversationalist;
    4) Good dresser (not a deciding trait, but impressive nonetheless);
    5) SMART and well-educated;
    6) Independent financially;
    7) Gentleman. Open doors, offer to help carry heavy things.
    true true. he SHOULD BE LOYAL NO MAKING OUT NO GETTING SANDWITCHED WITH OTHER WOMEN IN A BAR, should know how to take care of me when im feeling low..if i would look for a guy the emotional side shuld be wat would interest me the most than just the physical thingie.. well if hes tall n great looking with a toned and fit body ... well that could count as an asset...
    DOES ANYONE LIKE THAT EXIST?????? im not too sure , sounds highly unrealistic!
    Whats love gotta do with it!

peshkunta Guest
    Yep, there are alot of guys like that, but then they could care less about you...LOL.

see thats true..wats the point then ... well my search for mr. awesome ends here!

peshkunta Guest
    What I meant was that men that look good and feel good about themselves and have all the women wanting them don't put much effort into a relationship 'cause they know they can easily have another one. Thus, you might feel like a person like that couldn't care less about you. And you know the guys that really work on the relationship, but are not so good-looking? Well, if they were drop-dead-gorgeous, do you really think they would be so hard at work to please you. I don't think so. See my point.

But, there are always exceptions, so don't you give up on us!
    Last edited by peshkunta; 01-07-03 at 07:27 PM.

What I meant was that men that look good and feel good about themselves and have all the women wanting them don't put much effort into a relationship 'cause they know they can easily have another one.
    That would make a guy undesirable (to me, at least), no matter how good looking. I can smell that attitude on a guy from a 10 mile distance, and will give him a big swerve.

I kind of feel the say way about girls. If i see a girl all dressed up etc, looking her very best, i tend not to take as much notice. i know it sounds weird, but i can't help it
    girls seriously know how to kill, very slowly

You misunderstood me. I will still go for a really good-looking and well-dressed guy, if he does not have that attitude.

Believe me, one can tell.

that 'attitude'is a turn off for most of us ice, i agree! well hes gotta be caring doesnt matter even if he looks like brad pitt! ps. i think he is drop dead gorgeous!wink!!

I think what Ice is trying to say is you can tell A LOT by just studying a person for one minute (or five) with out them knowing, of course. You can pick up on attitude--- how they carry themselves --- how they act around other people --- how they treat other people --- posture --- stance --- strut. From all these things (and more) you can form a conjecture about the person, and deem them, 'good, or bad' in your eyes.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

I think we all want the same

Sometimes, I think guys and girls are very different. Yet, when it comes down to it, I think we all pretty much want the same thing, (in my opinion) someone who will treat us right, make us feel good, and like us for who we are.