+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Recent break up just looking for people in the same boat

Recent break up just looking for people in the same boat

Recently ended it with my boyfriend. I love him very much and can't understand why the sentiment wasn't returned. Onwards and upwards I guess but my melancholy is pretty instense tonight. I just wanted some kind words and to sympathise with those in the same situation. We'll all be ok again soon... It just takes some time. Good luck with the recovery process.

here we all are travelling in same boat.. it is the boat which has been seperated from a ship on midway in ocean...also boat is struggling to keep its pace..but eventually it will reach the shore

hey hun,im practically in the same n=boat.been with my b/f almost ex now for 3yrs and have loved him from day one ..i mean ,ad,y in love would do absoloutley anything for him.but always felt it was one sided ,i just thought he was just not as affectionate as me, but lately things have turned nasty with him against me for what reason i dont really know.i think he wants me to be someone else half the time. even though i havent got the courage just yet to break it off ,have not seen him in a week he has not contacted me after an argument and it hurts so badly i cant eat, sleep etc....i just want closure ,an explanation i think then i could deal with it. ive lost self esteem ,when i usually jolly ,bubbly ,kind etc etc . i think if the other person cant see that in us then its their own problem.not in touch with their own feelings or too afraid to be real with a person. ive been heartbroken before after i broke up an engagement which was just a traumatic time for me.but i got over it after a few months, my friends were great i joined a musical society fulfilled a few dreams met great ppl and got back in the game ,so i know it can happen, the hurt is normal but you will return to yourself again dont measure yourself against his sentiments for you ,think of yourself now be selfish and enjoy things u put off maybe.

Theres plenty of us on this boat with you. My gf recently broke up with me. I put her before everything and loved her to death. I would have taken a bullet for her... probably still would. I sound so pathetic right now. Regardless, just know that you're not alone. Hopefully the recovery process goes well