+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Planning a date a week ahead?

Planning a date a week ahead?

There's a lady I would like to ask on a date, now I'm wanting it to be during the week of the 26th-30th.

I'm curious if I asked her this weekend if she would like to go on a date for that week, if that's to much of a gap between days?

The upcoming weekend/week won't work for me due to work/travel/family.

So would 7-10 days ahead of time be reasonable

I think it should be fine as long as you text her and let her know you are still present and haven't vanished to Vegas or something. Some guys who don't initiate contacts after the first date, the girl will think they no longer want to hang out/talk to them and would think that guy is a douchebag. And it won't hurt to let her know you can;t hang out that week. Go for it, you got nothing to lose!

Quote Originally Posted by iamminzy View Post
    I think it should be fine as long as you text her and let her know you are still present and haven't vanished to Vegas or something. Some guys who don't initiate contacts after the first date, the girl will think they no longer want to hang out/talk to them and would think that guy is a douchebag. And it won't hurt to let her know you can;t hang out that week. Go for it, you got nothing to lose!
    should i explain that next week would work better due to my busy schedule this week?

or just ask about next week and leave it at that?

Don't ask us. Ask her.

If someone can't meet, I like to hear the reason, to see if they are just ignoring me, instead of breaking up with me outright. Tell her why you can't meet, just keep it brief like you said above. "Due to my busy work schedule." If she's understanding, she will know some people work still, and can get busy.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by frank petty View Post
    There's a lady I would like to ask on a date, now I'm wanting it to be during the week of the 26th-30th.

I'm curious if I asked her this weekend if she would like to go on a date for that week, if that's to much of a gap between days?

The upcoming weekend/week won't work for me due to work/travel/family.

So would 7-10 days ahead of time be reasonable
    I think it's good manners to ask in advance. I think you should tell her you want to take her out, but are already booked with family and work obligations until the week after Christmas, and ask her if she is interested in joining you to do _______ (be specific). Make sure you say something along the lines of having something to look forward to if she accepts. Don't avoid talking to her in the meantime, but don't carry on ridiculously long phone conversations, either. You don't want her to be sick of you before the date even happens, nor do you want her to doubt your continued interest. You can confirm the time of your date the day before it happens.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?