+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cold sores on lips

cold sores on lips

I read that cold sores are herpes. I know that herpes are STD's but don't know much about this. How do people contract cold sores? I would think that the person was dirty and made out with a slut or something. Please educate me about this topic. Thanks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    80% of the human population have oral herpes, so it is likely YOU have it (or will), whether you have symptoms or not. (A lot of people have the virus and never get cold sores.)

The virus is contracted through touching infected saliva, mucous membranes, or skin, usually through sharing food or beverages or by kissing. You can also contract it in your genitalia through oral sex. Once you have it, you can't get rid of it, but as I said, most people are asymptomatic, but even if you are an asymptomatic carrier, you can still pass the virus along to another person.
    Last edited by vashti; 17-12-11 at 09:08 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ewwww.... vash also has herpies.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

can you catch it from someone who isn't having an outbreak?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^ yes you can.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

how's oral herpes different from genital herpes?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The viruses share almost the exact same DNA and can appear in either location, but their sites of dormancy (or where they prefer to "live") are different. HSV1 "lives" in nerves near the ears, and affect the mouth and lower face (usually), and HSV2 "lives" in the base of the spine and usually affects the genitalia.

Most people think that HSV1 is the better kind to have, as there is much less stigma about getting a cold sore from time to time than there is about getting a blister on your penis or vagina, but actually, HSV1 has the potential to cause a lot more trouble because of its proximity to the brain and eye. (I've seen a herpetic eye infection, and not only does it have the potential to cause blindness, it is really awful to look at.)
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    The viruses share almost the exact same DNA and can appear in either location, but their sites of dormancy (or where they prefer to "live") are different. HSV1 "lives" in nerves near the ears, and affect the mouth and lower face (usually), and HSV2 "lives" in the base of the spine and usually affects the genitalia.

Most people think that HSV1 is the better kind to have, as there is much less stigma about getting a cold sore from time to time than there is about getting a blister on your penis or vagina, but actually, HSV1 has the potential to cause a lot more trouble because of its proximity to the brain and eye. (I've seen a herpetic eye infection, and not only does it have the potential to cause blindness, it is really awful to look at.)
    i went to get some valtrex for my friend yesterday, and our pharmacist (pretty loud and wired dude) sort of screamed out to her, so where do you have it, on your face or on your pussy.
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lol. There was talk a few years ago of a vaccine to treat HSV1/2. David Knipe's group at Harvard. I think the work may have dropped into the big pharma abyss tho.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

i went to get some valtrex for my friend yesterday, and our pharmacist (pretty loud and wired dude) sort of screamed out to her, so where do you have it, on your face or on your pussy.
    lol, that is very rude.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bcgirl View Post
    lol, that is very rude.
    yep, he is very eccentric like that. he can start humping his customers if he feels like it
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Agree with you dear..... It will better for him..... Good thinking towards this question...
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    80% of the human population have oral herpes, so it is likely YOU have it (or will), whether you have symptoms or not. (A lot of people have the virus and never get cold sores.)

The virus is contracted through touching infected saliva, mucous membranes, or skin, usually through sharing food or beverages or by kissing. You can also contract it in your genitalia through oral sex. Once you have it, you can't get rid of it, but as I said, most people are asymptomatic, but even if you are an asymptomatic carrier, you can still pass the virus along to another person.

Yeah me too. What's cold sores?

Rarely cold sores appear inside the mouth. Cold sores are quite painful because they usually form on the surface end of a nerve cluster.
    Last edited by smithjons; 04-08-12 at 07:03 PM.

Petit Papillon is offline Napinacz
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Oh well then I had STD when I was 12yo... Many people have the virus, it just doesn't always show. But be careful. Now that you have symptoms... The co-worker of my bf had herpes on her ass and she couldn't walk or sit. Don't do that to someone LOL <- True story
    I wazzzz here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast