+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Big coincidence or a boyfriend?

Big coincidence or a boyfriend?

So I gave my phone number to this girl in class who was a casual friend, "I said here is my number call me sometime". I wrote only my first name on the piece of paper with my number. About a week later I get a text saying....Who is this? I am thinking you texted me, so I text back you texted me. They reply is this "Joe"? I am thinking who in the world is this because that is my first name. I txt yes, and again I ask who are you. They ask Joe who? Now I am getting mad and ask again who is this, and they text this is "John", and that is the name of the girls son who I gave my number to. So now I am thinking okay maybe her son texted me by mistake so I reply this is Joe Smith a friend of your moms from school I think you texted me by mistake. They reply "Okay."

So next time I see her I just ask for her number, and also say hey I think your son messaged me by mistake and she just says hmmm, and gives me her number. The next day I see her she is all weird, basically not even wanting to have a conversation with me. So what do you think, maybe she had a boyfriend and he got my number out of her phone and called me or was it all just a big coincidence.

Boy friend!

definately boyfriend

Anyone else feel the same? Like I said big coincidence calling me up knowing my name and not last because I never gave it to her, and than with her sons name as the other person. Who knows. It just sucks meeting someone who you just click with instantly, get along with great and gives you that little spark, but than find out she is taken. Oh my, oh my

Sounds like she has a boyfriend who found your number, and he used her son's name as a cover.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It just sucks meeting someone who you just click with instantly, get along with great and gives you that little spark, but than find out she is taken. Oh my, oh my
    one person's view of "spark" is another person's view of just being friendly.

Tip: when you get a text asking "who's this?" it's a BF or a husband guaranteed. Be very careful when they don't offer their number......there is usually a reason for it.

Oh well, the more I thought about it the more I thought it had to be more than a coincidence. Thanks.