+ Follow This Topic

Thread: And away you went

And away you went

It starts here: [url]http://www.loveforum.net/threads/62376-My-Angel[/url]

But things never seemed the same way for you. You lied to me early on. You never wanted me to meet your family. You never wanted to meet my family. You never compromised for our relationship. You left me with a broken heart and you probably don't even have the faintest clue what I'm going through. You meant the world to me. I wanted to share everything with you. I wanted to have a family with you. I wanted to cook you another dinner while you took care of our pet dog. I wanted to wake up next to you 50 years from now and smile at your beautiful face in the morning. I wanted to grow old together with you and watch our grand children play at the park.

But I guess I was just delusional. Maybe this was just me being the naive boy that I once was. You've shown me something I never knew about myself. I was simply just a boy toy that you could toss around because you knew that I'd still be there for you at the end of the day.

But no more. I now know that no matter how much effort I put into our relationship, you simply will not do the same for me. Because of you, I know that my best may never be enough. Because of you, I've been woken up and told to move on. Because of you, I learned that I deserve someone who can actually appreciate everything that I am.

I'm sorry this is so hard for you. You will eventually find someone who will love and respect you, so don't give up. It might take years, but be patient. It will happen.

I'm in my 40s, and I JUST found the right person. Again, patience is key. And enjoying the ride to get there also helps.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I'm sorry that you had to undergo that. I understand and know how you feel. Don't give upon love though. And next time when you fall in love leave a little for yourself. Don't give your everything. Love and accept yourself first so others will love and accept you for who you are. There are two ways to love one is to give and the other one is to accept. It's easy to give love coz you are in control. You decide whom to love, how much love to give and when to love but when you accept love you are no longer in control. You have to accept the love that is given to you now matter how small or big it it. And accepting love in itself is the most beautiful thing in this world.

Thanks for the kind words from both of you. I'm just so emotionally worn out right now. I won't give up on love, but it will take a while for me to return to my jolly self.