+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Boyfriend broke up with me and Im devastated :( pls help..

Boyfriend broke up with me and Im devastated :( pls help..

I've been with him for a year and a half in a long distance relationship, we saw each other almost once a month. Because of the distance, I had some trust issues right from the beginning and we fought a lot over this and we broke up several times. The last time we broke up I ccaught him talking to several women online, telling them he was single. I was really mad and broke up with him, he said he was only talking and that he never cheated on me. The break up lasted for 3 months, he came looking for me, said he's sorry and that he wants me back. I finally forgave him.
    Now, two months later we were together with some friends in his house and because they were watching the football game I was really bored and asked him to give me his phone because he has some nice games there. He said no. I said why, I just want to play, he still said no. Then I began to feel like he was trying to hide something from me and when his friends left we had a big argument. He said he has nothing to hide but his phone is private and that he was sure I was going to search through it and that was the reason he didnt give it to me and that from now on his phone is private. I got mad, accused him of doing the same thing, he said let's go to bed. I said no, I want to talk and he got really mad and said I am crazy and that I ruined his night and that I didnt change and I am the same crazy girl and broke up with me.
    The next day I realised I made a big deal out of nothing but he said he's tired of the fighting and that he wants to be alone than with someone who stresses him. He said we'll keep in touch but I dont know why he wants to talk to me again if he doesnt want me back.
    I dont know what to do, I tried to tell him that I am sorry and that I'll try not to do that again, but he says I'll never change.
    How can I get him back and show him I can change? I really love him..
    Thank you!

Go get a guy from where you live, if hes your only option, do hhim a nice night, make him a nice meal, some good sex and then say you're sorry.

Sonrisa is offline Gwynplaine
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    it will never be the same since he is mentally tired of you
    mo'Dajvo' pa'wIjDaq je narghpu' He'So'bogh SajlIj

Trust me. You don't want this guy back. You really don't. I'd find someone you can trust. I strongly suspect that your instincts about him not wanting you to see what's on his phone were correct. How did you come to the conclusion that you made a 'big deal about nothing' the next day? Did he show you his phone with nothing incriminating on it? Surely he could have just deleted whatever it was he didn't want you to see? Wise up. You've already caught him lying to you and to other women on-line. What makes you think he'd tell the truth about this?

I'd certainly be wanting to take some time out and think about this relationship and if it has a future and if you might be better off without it.
    "The only thing to do with good advice is to pass it on. It is never any use to oneself." - Oscar Wilde

If he had absolutely nothing to hide, he would have no problems showing you his phone. A huge fight resulting to a break-up is VERY extreme for just a innocent phone. The fact is a phone is a very personal thing. It's the gateway to ALL your contacts, and has a history of all your text messages and logs. He didn't expect you'd want to check his phone so he didn't bother erasing his history. The more a person is guilty, the more they will get mad when being accused. I'm sure he threw a tantrum and yelled and turned it all around and blamed you for being "insecure" and not trusting him. It's the typical scenario of someone who is guilty. And then he breaks up with you because he feels ashamed for his behaviour and thinks that things would be easier without you in the picture. His logic is, you two haven't invested that much time in the relationship anyways and live long distance, plus he wants to be able to do whatever he wants with "Jane Doe" and not have anyone ruin it for him.

I've done the whole hiding away my phone from my boyfriend (ex boyfriend now). My phone had a password and we got into a huge fight because he wanted to look at it. I wouldn't allow him to because I was cheating on him and didn't want him to see my phone for obvious reasons. I would have took that phone to the grave with me if I had to, there was no way in hell he was seeing it. Anyhow, I blamed him for being insecure and needed time apart from him...bought enough time to delete all my text messages, change guy's names on my contacts into girl names...example: Robert would be Roberta. He missed me and apologized and begged for me back. I accepted, but still played the role of the innocent one till the day we broke up for good.

So...from my experience.....Don't be naive. Listen to your initial instinct, it's mostly always right.

I broke up with a girl once because she asked me about a camcorder in my car. I told her, "Nothing you need to be worried about." She then grabbed it and pushed play. Unacceptable.

Is it possible he cheated? Yes....Is him not showing you his phone and then becoming angry a red flag? Maybe. Perhaps even likely.

What you have to realise is some guys who haven't cheated will show you there private things to prove themselves and ease your mind. Some guys don't take kindly to having their integrity on trial and refuse. He thinks the girl needs to find a guy who will show her his phone and that he needs to find a woman who can trust him.

Let this guy go. You already said sorry and expressed your desire to get back togther. Pushing it doesn't do anything posative for you. The ball is now in his court.

You see him once a month. Are you surprised it's not working? Why not find someone closer to home?

Distance relationships cannot be very long. It is better to find a boy from where you live. Another variant is to live where your beloved boy lives in order to begin trust him. I am very sorry for your break, but try to think over all those things happening around you. Are you happy when seeing him once a month? That cannot be called relationships.

Long distance relationship needs a lot of trust and need to have good communication with each other and see that person as much as possible.
    Most likely, you don't trust him and you two doesn't have good communication...
    You see him once a month!
    Move on and find a guy who lives in the same area as you.