+ Follow This Topic

Thread: kissing tips for smokers

kissing tips for smokers

so im a smoker i dont plan on quiting any time soon so all pc bitching will be ignored

Ive been smoking off and on for about 2 years, for that time ive been pretty much single im in a new relationship with a girl who doesnt smoke, and while she has said she doesnt mind if i smoke i still dont, at this point i dont even bring my pack with me on days i know ill see her. We kiss alot and are usually very close and i dont want to smell(and taste) like an ash tray, and i hate trying to talk with gum in my mouth any tips?

It's on your cloths, it's on your skin, your hair, your car etc. There is no real way to completely extinguish the odor of cigarette smoke. Washing your hands and face along with a real good mouth wash would be a good start....gum doesn't do much....you just become a minty tasting ashtray instead.

Thanks much :-)

If you like her, you should be honest with her and tell her that you are a smoker. If you are really trying to quit smoking....good for you. But if you two are starting to become a serious item, then the smoker side of you will come out eventually. What's the worst is if you stayed "well behaved" at the beginning and stopped smoking for her....and then when you got too comfortable with her, your behaviour will slack and you'll start smoking around her. Then starts the nagging...."well you never smoked at the beginning!!" and "You tried harder for me at the beginning!". Do yourself a favour and if you don't plan on quitting smoking....don't try to hide it around her.

He isn't hiding it from her, she says she doesn't mind him being a smoker....he just wants kissing to be more pleasant for her.

A breath spray helps breath odor. But how does a smoker get rid of that rough "smoker's tongue"? Can't be good for oral sex at all.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Smoking dehydrates you, so that is easily solved by drinking lots of water, cutting back on alcohol and caffeine.

Eat a big loaf of your own shit. Im sure that will taste better than your stanky mouth does now.

Brush your teeth or something. I don't smoke, I dated a guy once who smoked kissing and anything close was absolutely disgusting.

Screw surfhb, who the hell do you think you are? If i smoke its my choice, it is my body after all. Am i shoving a pack down your throat? No, so keep your self rightous smart ass opinion to your self.
    Last edited by Hookahmike; 02-01-12 at 03:23 PM.

My ex is a smoker and I'm not and I have never smoked in my life before and I don't like the smell of it either....
    Anyhow, this is what my ex used to do, he would brush his teeth and his tongue.... I find that when he did that, I actually couldn't taste that bitterness much so maybe you should try and brush your tongue?
    It's also good for your dental health too and it would get rid of your bad breath as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahmike View Post
    so im a smoker i dont plan on quiting any time soon so all pc bitching will be ignored
    Ummm when you post something like this, it's an open invitation......just ignore it like you posted here.