+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I fix my marriage?

How do I fix my marriage?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or if anyone will even care but I'm lost, please help.

I met the most amazing person ever at work about five years ago and became friends fast. That friend ship grew and grew into something amazing, I know before I had ever even kissed her that she was the one I wanted to spend my life with. I had been married previously and it ended terribly, she never really cared and basically are marriage was based on lies and to be honest I didn't put much effort into being a good husband. When my current wife and I finally moved past the friends stage and started a relationship it was bliss. After only five months of dating we got married and then had a the most beautiful baby girl. She always has a son from her pervious marriage and I just love this family I have, I finally feel whole, like nothing is missing. We will have been married for three years this may (hopefully) and we have had are ups and downs. I've made a lot of mistakes, had told a lot of lies and just have made some dumb decisions. I've never cheated or anything like that, just a lot of little things that have piled up over the years. I always try to be the best husband I can be but lately things have gotten bad. She is extremely fed up with all my dumb mistakes, even though they are unintentional. I have a bad habit of saying or doing things without thinking how they might her feel. I try constantly to fix this about myself but I just keep doing dumb things over and over again. She says she's feed up with me and doesn't feel the sane about me anymore and I think she is very close to leaving to me, I can't blame her either. It seems the harder I try the more I mess up, am I trying too hard, is that my problem? Do I have an underlying self-destructive instinct I don't know about? I'm very absent minded and it's not that I don't try hard to be a great husband, I just can't help it, I always screw something up. The thought of losing her kills me, I was in a very dark place before I met her and she was the only person that was able to pull me out. I can't imagine my life without her, how I do I fix this? How do I fix me? I always tell her how much I love her and how much she means to me but she's tired of hearing it, she just wants me to stupid being such an idiot. I really don't know how I would function on a daily basis without her and the kids on my life every single day. Please help....

We need more details to help. Like what you're doing that is causing problems. You're being too vague, I don't have a picture of what's really going on.

To me they are just little things but they hurt her. I can be grumpy sometimes and reply to her the wrong way when frustrtated. She's a neat freak and I can be messy and get caught up in what I'm doing and forget to clean up. I have a big problem on getting focused on one thing and forgetting to do others things I said I do. Like I said, I'm not cheating, or drinking too much, or anything like that. Just little things that wouldn't be a big deal but I just keep messing up constantly. Now I feel this pressure to stop but it just seems like that makes it worse. I have mild PTSD due to a deployment to Iraq, I don't think it effects me that much but maybe it worse than I think. I just want to make her happy

I wish I could explain better but half the time I don't even understand. I feel like the biggest **** up in the world.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    You sound like an earnest young man. Pretty normal stuff for husbands. She needs to relax and appreciate you. You probably, like most males, need to listen a bit better.

Here, read this, it will help. Show it to your wife also.

[url]http://www.songtime.com/sbc/sbcfivestagesofmarriage.htm[/url]
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

why not take her out on a date. Hire a babysitter for the night and do something romantic for her. Buy her flowers etc. bring her on a nice fancy dinner...do something out of the ordinary and then have great passionate sex with candles....but remember, performing oral pleasure on her is key.