+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Acne

Quote Originally Posted by <3 Momo
    LOL. the way you said that was just.. yeah.

Aaahhh, lay off the sweets?
    or try the baking soda thing...
    Lay off the sweets!?!?! I don't know if I can do that!!!
    Do sweets make it worse then???

Quote Originally Posted by coffeecrazy
    Lay off the sweets!?!?! I don't know if I can do that!!!
    Do sweets make it worse then???
    Yes. Sweets clog your pores. Clogged pores = acne. Water flushes your body out and helps your skin breathe. So actually, you might have to suck up the weak bladder part and just let it out. Not drinking water is unhealthy anyway, though.

Yes. Sweets clog your pores. Clogged pores = acne. Water flushes your body out and helps your skin breathe. So actually, you might have to suck up the weak bladder part and just let it out. Not drinking water is unhealthy anyway, though.
    Sweets do not clog your pores. There is no scientific connection between consumption and hormones.

Since you seem to be interested in my little trick, here's exactly what i do:
    1. Make a paste out of the baking soda (I haven't tried baking powder, but they're both alkaline so it should work), use enough water so you can easily spread it on your face
    2. Dap a rolled up paper towel in it and dab that all over your face, just remember where you put it so you know where to put the vinegar.
    3. Once thats done, you can wash it off immediately (there is no rush, but it tends to sting if you leave it on for too long), but try not to scrub, because scrubbing irritates the skin.
    4. Dab vinegar everywhere you put the baking soda, if you have open sores because of zits, then its going to sting. If you don't like the smell of regular vinegar, you can buy apple-cider vinegar. Or if you happen to know of something with the same pH (acidity level) as vinegar, use that.
    5. Leave the vinegar on for about 10 minutes
    6. Wash off the vinegar, use soap or a clenser if you like.

The baking soda is a very alkaline (basic) product, it will bring your skin to a very high pH, get rid of unwanted oils, and exfoliate the dead skin.
    The vinegar is acidic, it will bring your skin back up to its natural pH by neutralising with the baking soda, and any soda that happened to get stuck in your pores.

Most facial clensers (oxy-clean, for example), are just a very strong acid that removes all the oil from your skin. Well then your hormones go "Hey, there's no oil. We need to produce twice as much oil now." And that sucks.

Start off once every day, then once every two days, and once every three days, etc.
    [url=http://moeburn.homelinux.com/][/url]

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

i never get any spots. maybe one or two small ones but that's about it. sometimes i don't wash my face and i still don't get em. lol.

Hey I have a couples things to say about acne and trying to get a girl with acne on ur face... Girls don't completly go for the looks.. They go for who you are like your personality.. Sure if you're but- ugly guy then lower your standards.. theres someone out there for everyone.. plenty of fish in the sea.. Don't let your acne get to you its only skin... i have a bit and my gf has none and she says its just skin.. it is just skin and u shouldn't loose confidence from acne because girls arn't attracted to someone who isn't confident..

If your really tired of your acne go to your doctor get him to send you to a skin doctor then ask the skin doctor to try out Accutane its an acne pill its not cheap though even in canada.. but it works sure it has side effects but it clears %95 of acne for life!!

sorry to go on forever lol
    Last edited by meeko340; 28-02-05 at 05:06 AM. Reason: forgot to mention something

Oh and another quick tip, if you ever popped a zit and you're left with an ugly red mark, put some Visine or other anti-redness eye-drops (for people with contacts?) on it, it should make the redness go away for a while, but the extra oil will probably make it alot worse by the next day.

Death is like sex in highschool, because if you knew how many times you missed it, you'd be paralyzed.

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    Sweets do not clog your pores. There is no scientific connection between consumption and hormones.
    Oh.

Oil, hormones, whatever x)

Oh.

Oil, hormones, whatever x)
    Your hormones are in charge of how much oil goes to your skin, and they never take more than what your food could potentially give them, even if you didn't eat greasy food.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Aaahhh, lay off the sweets?
    Acne isn't caused by 'eating sweets', or even not washing your face (that would only account for a zit or two, not a faceful). It's mostly hormonal. I'm sure sugar doesn't HELP, but not eating it won't make it go away.

i don't think t'is the sweets or chocolate. spots and acne are sometimes genetic too.

thanks everyone

that's okie, anytime!

Quote Originally Posted by moeburn
    I used to have bad acne, but i found that applying a bakingsoda+water mixture to my face, then washing that off, then vinegar, then washing that off, made it almost disappear within a week.
    I've done that too and it worked great. Be sure and use white vinegar though. Weird thing, I never had an acne problem in my teens, it hit when I was in my 20s. The other thing that helped was maintaning a suntan. An hour or so in sun once a week would clear it right up. The downside to that solution of course, is the risk of skin cancer and wrinkles years later, so be very carefull and don't over-do it.

Quote Originally Posted by blackiesharley
    I've done that too and it worked great. Be sure and use white vinegar though. Weird thing, I never had an acne problem in my teens, it hit when I was in my 20s. The other thing that helped was maintaning a suntan. An hour or so in sun once a week would clear it right up. The downside to that solution of course, is the risk of skin cancer and wrinkles years later, so be very carefull and don't over-do it.

would aftershave work since I think its acidy??? (instead of vinegar)

Aftershave could work cause it just lets your skin breath. Anyways, I think the best thing to use is Noxzema, just rub it on a wet face, then rinse. Simple. after about 3 days you will notice changes. They make the noxzema pads, but I wouldn't say use those. I would recommend the cream. I do it daily while in the shower....with rose....LOL

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast