+ Follow This Topic

Thread: depressed and confused.....again!

depressed and confused.....again!

well about 4 months ago i split with my long term partner when she had to move away. I managed to get over her and dated another very nice girl, problem is i started to feel depressed around this new girl and even though i was happy with her the memories of me and my ex were too strong. Simple i went to couciling, that only made things worse, now i have told my partner how i feel and that i wanted to end the relationship which she agreed to...

problem is i find out my ex has a new bf that shes gone out with before for a long time and i go all depressed again, how do i tell my ex how i feel? and how can i start things off to possibly getting back with her? i just want to start things rolling, maybe becoming closer friends againand seeing what happens, but what should i do?
    argH!

Thing is, how are you going to get "things rolling" if she has a new bf? Do you think that it is kind of unfair to her to tell her how you feel, if she is trying to be with someone else? Sounds kind of selfish, no offense. It may take quite a bit of time to get over her. I've been without my ex for over two years, and I still can't get over him, and it was my decision to end the relationship! Also, if you try to become closer friends with her, you are only going to torture yourself by getting your hopes up, and what if it never happens? It sucks, it's confusing, I know. Starting over sucks, especially if you can't get over someone. But of course if you can't accept that, then ask her directly how she feels and tell her how you feel, there really is no reason to sugarcoat it because you don't want her to lie to you and lead you on. But try to stay neutral if that is what you decide to do so that you don't get too terribly hurt by what she may have to say. hope that helps.