+ Follow This Topic

Thread: getting back with ex

getting back with ex

i broke up with my girlfriend soon after christmas, and she started dating this other guy. she broke up with him recently, and the last week we've been hanging out a lot together watching movies and stuff. i don't know if she still likes me or not or how to go about trying to get back with her. any advice?

Just a word of advise... why did you guys break up to begin with?

I dated someone for a year and a half. All of the sudden, he wanted out. He left me. I was heartbroken, but I didn't want to let it show. Instead of sitting at home, I went out and hung out with friends... One friend in particular though, who happened to be a guy. I guess you could say we were sort of seeing each other, but neither of us wanted anything serious. It was more like, we were both missing something in our life, and used each other to fill the void, and we both understood that.

Anyways, a little over a month down the road, the ex came back. We started hanging out, and then before you know it, there he was saying how he missed me, and he thought he made the biggest mistake of his life. I'm a big believe in giving someone second try... So I did. We got back together. It was rough at first... we fought all the time. Eventually, we sat down, and worked through what we needed to work though - and 6 months down the road, we were living together again.

After another year, he walked out on me again. His same excuse... It felt a million times worse this time around. And I found myself wondering how I could trust anyone again. Obviously, I have grown to love another, but part of me is scarred from my experience with the ex.

All I am saying is, think about WHY you two broke up to begin with... is it something that will be affected this time around? Or do you think it will resurface, and you'll face the same struggle and same feelings of wanting to be out again...

If you're sure your past this, and you know you have indeed made a mistake, either just come straight out and ask her, or if you don't want to be that abrupt, email her, ask her online... or just casually flirt with her, and see if she flirts back.

Good luck!

i wish my ex would get back with me

I dont. The reason why we split up is we just got 'too much for each other'. All the little things annoyed us both so much it would blow into something big. This would definetely happen again somewhere down the line and we would end up going round in circles.

I decided not to go back, and now im alot happier... been hanging out with friends and just met someone but taking it real slow.

My advice is basically backing up coolcalico (very good advise) and just ask yourself why you split up and if you could see it happening again in the short or long term future.

Man i took my an ex back one time and the same stuff happened again and again...she kept leaving so i just gave up. Its useless to get back with the ex, you end up exactly wherer you left off....nothing changes no matter how hard you try. just bang the best friend of the ex and leave them both behind
    ...and don't forget to use a Jimmy Hat