+ Follow This Topic

Thread: From BBM to Calling?

From BBM to Calling?

So heres the scenario:

I talk to a girl online and after about 15 messages she gives me her bbm. I immediately start texting her and after but I'm finding her harder to communicate on it. That was yesterday, today I'm suggesting we have a phone chat but first she says she's with her family and the second she just says she's busy

I think I just needed to type it out, am I being too pushy or what?

You sure it is a she? If it is definitely a she then maybe she is just shy and nervous about a voice conversation?

Sounds like she wants to spend time with her family. Maybe she doesn't see them often. You can't expect people to answer a text within 10 minutes ALL the time.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

You haven't built enough comfort with her. No one's too busy to have a phone call, but to escalate you gotta pump her emotional state a bit first. If she's having a mediocre messaging convo she's not going to want to take it to a phone call.

If you're having a fun, flirty convo, after exchanging a few messages (in rapid succession) say something like "You're such a dork :p (or however you'd tease her / bust her balls a bit) I gotta do some running around, but how about I call you in like... 5 mins?"

If she dodges you again I'd let it go, or at least go no contact for a few days.

Pushy.....always give some space between messages, and don't always be so available....makes you look too needy....makes them want to shake you off their leg.

To be honest i wouldn't start to get comfortable talking to someone on BBM , go out there and meet someone rather than facebook or bbm. < only use them for people you actually know.
    The road is coming to an end just catch the highway and meet someone else

Personally never liked being hit on while I was working....