+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting weed

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    who wants to suck on my balls?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Not me. Maybe lilwang?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

If you are serious about giving up weed you should consider giving up your friends who smoke weed. It is far easier to give it up when it isn't a phone call away.

For me, that would mean giving up my mum and brothers too.

I've rather badly fallen off the wagon. I'm not paying for it or asking for it but I'm having a hard time saying no when it's around me.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    For me, that would mean giving up my mum and brothers too.

I've rather badly fallen off the wagon. I'm not paying for it or asking for it but I'm having a hard time saying no when it's around me.
    Wow. Perhaps you will stop so your child will not have the same dilemma ?

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    Wow. Perhaps you will stop so your child will not have the same dilemma ?
    I thought I made it clear that I'm working on that. Addiction is a bitch dude.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Stopping isn't something you "work" on. You either stop, or you don't.

Sorry to be harsh, but you are someone's mamma. If you won't stop for his sake, what will it take?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Make it clear to your loved ones that you have your child's Welfare at heart and you do not want to be exposed to marijuana any longer. If your mom insists on lighting up in your presence, leave. Get up and get out. Marijuana isn't chemically addictive like cigarettes and nicotine. You have to decide to quit and stick to it not for yourself but for your children.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Stopping isn't something you "work" on. You either stop, or you don't.

Sorry to be harsh, but you are someone's mamma. If you won't stop for his sake, what will it take?
    Actually, you will find that not every one can do cold turkey, some people need weaning, as proven by the amount of nicotine replacements available. And as a nurse, I thought you would have been aware of the fact that trying to quit a substance for someone else not a sure fire way to go about quitting anything.
    Last edited by MaidenMinx; 16-02-12 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jambona View Post
    Make it clear to your loved ones that you have your child's Welfare at heart and you do not want to be exposed to marijuana any longer. If your mom insists on lighting up in your presence, leave. Get up and get out. Marijuana isn't chemically addictive like cigarettes and nicotine. You have to decide to quit and stick to it not for yourself but for your children.
    Actually, pot is addictive and I'm fighting a 15 year habit.

**** this thread. I don't need to justify shit to people that don't understand. My doctor is pleased with my progress in quitting, especially considering I am no longer allowed caffeine or alcohol either.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, you will find that not every one can do cold turkey, some people need weaning, as proven by the amount of nicotine replacements available. And as a nurse, I thought you would have been aware of the fact that trying to quit a substance for someone else not a sure fire way to go about quitting anything.
    As a nurse, I know that marijuana is not physically addictive. You are dealing with your own psychology when you stop - not physical ailments. That is why I say you either stop, or you don't.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Actually, pot is addictive and I'm fighting a 15 year habit.

**** this thread. I don't need to justify shit to people that don't understand. My doctor is pleased with my progress in quitting, especially considering I am no longer allowed caffeine or alcohol either.
    I imagined three perfectly-timed air-snaps while this post was submitted.

There is no nicotine in a joint. Marijuana is psychologically addictive, not physically. You can quit cold turkey if you stop making excuses for yourself and take responsibility.

Caffeine and cigarettes are much harder to quit because your body develops a physical dependency on them.

In either case, if you're weening yourself off successfully, good for you. Just know that when you fall off the wagon it's your fault. Not your "addiction". The first step to becoming a better person is learning to accept blame.

Update your knowledge people, they have proven pot is addictive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    I imagined three perfectly-timed air-snaps while this post was submitted.
    Lol! I'm not the air snap type, but thanks for the giggle.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast