+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Quitting weed

Quitting weed

It's been 4 days since I've decided to kick the habit for good and my head hurts. Constant craving and rationalizing use of the stuff. However, what's really playing with head is the fact that quitting seems to be a futile attempt at attaining the life I had before. Which is silly because from what I've read, I will always crave for a joint due to prolonged abuse of the drug resulting in my brain chemistry being forever altered. Meaning things will never return to what they were. Is this true? I'm just very confused right now. I've wasted 4 years of my life tokin' on that shit... enough is enough. I guess I'm just looking for people with similar experiences. Pce!
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I'm on day 3 of quitting. My appetite is ****ed, my mood is good until something doesn't work how I want it to and then I snap rather nastily and I'm starting to dream again which isn't necessarily pleasant.

Cravings are terrible right now but I keep focusing on my motivation and reasons for quitting. I am applying for a scholarship in fitness. Can't be a pot head if I'm studying fitness. And then there is my son, the chance to be more social and make more friends, my health etc.

Wanna know how many years I have wasted on and off? 15!! That's nearly half my life.

Don't know about permanently altering brain activity, heard both sides of that story and the fact of the matter is, I'm not a neurologist. I am seeing one in the next few months, I'll ask him. (also looking forward to an MRI so I can actually see the damage I have done to myself).

If you need any support in the coming weeks, I am here dude.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

PS I had a great book once called " How to quit without feeling like shit". I suggest you look into it.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    YOu should probably expect to feel uncomfortable until you have learned how to use your time in ways other than getting high. Good luck, Kie. I'll be thinking of you.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Personally, I have plenty of things to do with my time but I'm still bloody uncomfortable. For me right now the problem isn't keeping busy, it's keeping calm. I'm completely on edge and tense and any little thing that goes wrong has me exclaiming profanities. Soo stressed right now but it WILL be worth it.

Drugs alter the chemicals in your brain. You cut off the drug, your brain is staved for what it is used to. You feel like crap because the dopamine that is normally produced from using drugs has stop....hence the expression "coming down". It takes weeks even months for things to get back to normal. I suggest a healthy lifestyle change with exercise, eating properly and getting lots of rest. Check out Dr. Amen's Change you Brain change your life on youtube.

Yup, and that's why I have moved from constant stress to constant anxiety. So not fun but so so worth it in the end.

Relapse is a ****a'. Doesn't help with the whole upcoming drug reform in the U.K either. The world is increasingly nearing closer to the legilisation of weed. Once the U.S is cracked, the rest will follow suit.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

i sure do hope that happens soon!
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Weed makes you stupid. I used to smoke a lot and it does alter your persception, makes things a little foggy, messes with your memory, mood swings, slows motivation, etc. You don't notice it until you don't smoke it anymore.

But I do agree it's uses for the terminally ill to stimulate appetite, and pain relief tho. Watched a great program on National Geographic.....very informative.

There is a negative enviromental impact on growing the stuff.........
    Last edited by smackie9; 10-01-12 at 03:13 AM.

girl68 is offline little person, big mouth
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've been attempting to quit for 3 years... so far no luck. I don't physically crave it, I habitually crave it. I'm bored, alone and bored and wanna smoke.

take up World of Warcraft lol.

Bc girl, you need to actively set up a definite life style change for yourself.

Kiechi, relapse is a bitch. Doesn't mean you have to fall off the wagon completely.

I'm on day 10 today and still have the determination of day 1. It's ****ing Hell at the moment. I'm constantly anxious, my appetite sucks and I haven't had a full nights sleep since I quit. Since quitting I have had my only female friendship blow up in my face and have had my husband get so sick he lost nearly 8kgs in a week. I can tell you now, I've really felt like smoking but refuse to. I never want to smoke again because I never want to go through this again.
    Last edited by MaidenMinx; 10-01-12 at 04:07 AM. Reason: ****ing stupid auto correct!!!

Sorry Kiechi, I am stealing this thread for myself.

I've just woken up to day 12 of quitting and my anxiety is through the roof. I've begun dreaming again and that's not the greatest thing in the world. My dr has put me back on anti-depressants to help me cope with the anxiety. She was worried that the side effects would increase my anxiety but I actually enjoy the side effects. I just need them to kick in for the morning now. :p (only took my tablets 15 mins ago, so I'm hoping the anxiety will decrease as the side effects start)

I kinda can't believe it's only been 12 days. I really want to just feel normal. I'm starting to think feeling normal is beyond my grasp. How can I feel normal when I'm starting my day with 3 tablets and finishing it with 2 (anti-spasmodics as well). Top that off with the fact that I still don't know for sure when I get to go and see the neurologist, I just feel like I am in limbo.

The last dream I remember from last night has me feeling very sad too. I dreamt about an ex from when I was 15/ 16. He was 4 years older than me and we were actually engaged (stupid I know). In the dream I saw him, called out his name and when he saw it was me, he looked so shocked and miserable and he bolted. When we were young I treated him very badly and I know from fb he is still single. I'm wondering now just how badly I hurt him. I don't care from a romantic level, I care from a human to human level. I just hope I am not the reason he is still single. I was his first girlfriend, I hope I wasn't his last.

Then again, if I was that is not my problem. He has access to the tools to heal himself, if he chooses not to, that is not my problem or my fault.

And so I have to wait until this month ends before I can join the gym or try volunteering at the school. Stupid bloody summer holidays. This next fortnight and a bit is going to be a li'l hard I think, but I will get through it.

One thing that helps me not smoke weed, is I cut ties with all my contacts. I do get my brother back on the weekend and he seems to be able to find anything anywhere so I have to avoid temptation there. I'm also looking forward to one of my bros hugs though. He gives such good hugs. He's considerably taller than me and much much stronger so he's good at a bear hug. I'm not saying hubbys hugs are bad, just different.

So there is my vent for the morning. Thanks for reading.

Don't be silly, crack on MM.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast