+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Quitting weed

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I've always been a functional stoner so sorry I have no good advice.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Bo is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    I smoked heavily for about two years when I was younger. I didn't experience cravings n such. I just stopped and now I will smoke here and there recreationally or if I can't sleep.
    "Sometimes the best way to throw a punch is to take a step back"~Morgan freeman

Well, I'm a little over a week into my 6 week weaning program. So far it's going well. I slipped badly yesterday but I'm back on track today.

Most people seem to do better quitting cold turkey but I'm not supposed to jolt my brain chemistry that much. Once I have all the THC out of my system I'm not sure if I'll be able to smoke again. That kinda sucks but I gotta clear my head to be able to figure out what's going on with it.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

It's funny, after a few months I still find myself recovering mentally... but I never actually think about the drug itself. Life is much easier once you're free from the cyclic nature of addiction and dependency. But to be 100% honest, I smoke cigg's like a muvafuggah now! It's a shame you have no access to 5htp, it's actually used to get over addiction. Which it does. Once you're over it, you cease the med's and get straight into the exercise and healthy eating. By the time you know it, you're free and find yourself WANTING to do things opposed to AVOIDING. But don't get me wrong, if I did not work during the day or at least keep myself occupied, I get extremely aggitated. Good luck MM, but the weaning doesn't work in my opinion. If you know it's there, you will smoke it. Or at least spend most of the time convincing yourself not to (Which takes away the fun from it anyway...). Keep us updated.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Well after 2 days of regular seizures I'm angry at weaning because it was supposed to safe. I have an MRI in a little over 2 weeks so I'm back to cold turkey. The weaving was going well so child turkey shouldn't be too hard. Tomorrow is quit day.

I found an interesting beverage the other day. They call it calm in a can. I'm hoping that will help when things get edgy. Best bit is it doesn't contain St johns wart so it won't mess with my meds.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Kiechi, I'm so proud of you!!!! Good for you! Good Luck MaidenMinx, sounds like you've had a really hard time with all this.
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

They say quitting is for losers.

Still clean ! How's it going for you Maiden?
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Dude.... I could make up a million excuses but, nah, I'm still smoking. The closest thing to a good excuse I have is my neurologist is more worried about me giving up tobacco than weed and that he doesn't want me doing anything that would cause me to stress out more. (If I hadn't mentioned I have been diagnosed with a seizure disorder)

Awesome job though Kiechi! Very stoked for you.

Quote Originally Posted by MaidenMinx View Post
    Very stoked for you.
    I bet he's stoking one up right now

frankly speaking, there is more harm than good for smoking weed / tobacco..
    take care of your health.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

Thanks for the update, bud.

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Thanks for the update, bud.
    MMMMMMMMMM, bud..... *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by loveadmin View Post
    frankly speaking, there is more harm than good for smoking weed / tobacco..
    take care of your health.
    I am completely aware of that. I know what is good and bad for me. Most people know that fast food is bad for them, doesn't stop the majority eating it.

Five ways for quitting this shit.
    1on't stop cold turkey, 2: Exercise ,3:Only drink one small cup of coffee in the morning of a weak mix. 4: Drinks lots of carbohydrates,such as juices. 5:Eat lots and lots of salads as your stomach will be churning and gassed up.
    richy

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456