+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Plain question!

Plain question!

I was wondering, without any allusion to my own couple (because nobody knows me or my bf) but to what kind of girl would you guys say "I can't do without you"?

Thanks

1. She must be good-looking and take care of herself. She doesn't have to be a model.
    2. She must have good clear communication skills.
    3. She must be fun in bed. She shouldn't just lay there and think of England.
    4. She must be able to share in activities even though she doesn't care for them.
    5. She must be able to fall in love, and not have any intimacy issues. She should be able to share personal, intimate things.
    6. She must be good with money. Doesn't have to earn a lot, but she shouldn't be foolish with the finances.
    7. She must be able to compromise sometimes on issues we disagree about.
    8. She must not have a temper.
    9. Same thing goes for the man.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

[Captain Obvious]The answer is different from man to man.[/Captain Obvious]

True. If a guy likes football, it really helps if she likes football too. It helps if they have some similar tastes in hobbies/pasttimes.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thanks but I don't know if you understood the question? I mean, to what kind of girl would you say "I can't live without you", "I can't go without you"...?
    I'm precising because I don't really understand your answers :-( except the fact that the answer is different from man to man :-)

I think bulrush answered your question well.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Okay, I think I got It, i agree with him :-) but aside from this list, do you think It has something to do with love...? Could you have troubles doing without someone you don't have feelings for? Or is it only available for the girl you love...?

Quote Originally Posted by Muse87 View Post
    Thanks but I don't know if you understood the question? I mean, to what kind of girl would you say "I can't live without you", "I can't go without you"...?
    I'm precising because I don't really understand your answers :-( except the fact that the answer is different from man to man :-)
    I think what you are alluding to when you say "I can't live without you" is some emotional connection, which has nothing to do with how long the relationship will last. Which is why I listed factors that contribute to a long-term relationship working well. Emotions help a relationship go, but will not fix problems along the way. Love does not fix everything, as the song say. That is a fantasy.

When I can see, over time, that I am very compatible with someone, then the emotions get even better. Emotions will come and go, but tend to be stronger when you realize the person you are with really is compatible with you, and has the skills to make the relationship work.

do you think It has something to do with love...? Could you have troubles doing without someone you don't have feelings for? Or is it only available for the girl you love...?
    If you really are compatible with someone, how could you NOT fall in love with them? (If you have a truly open heart, that is.) If you meet their needs, and they meet yours, how could love NOT happen?

If you cannot do without someone, but you don't love them, then you probably have a NEED for something they provide, but you aren't actually in love with them. It happens a lot more than you think. Someone provides a need that hasn't been met, the other person is ecstatic, and thinks they are in love. When they are not compatible at all.

If you don't love someone, then maybe you don't meet each others' needs and are not compatible enough for a long-term thing. Clinical depression also tends to lower positive emotions, like love. So that may be a factor also.
    Last edited by bulrush; 04-01-12 at 08:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Muse87 View Post
    do you think It has something to do with love...? Could you have troubles doing without someone you don't have feelings for? Or is it only available for the girl you love...?
    You actually have this backwards. This comment is only available for girls he DOES NOT love. A guy could make that statement in regards to a number of women, but none of which he truly loves.

Love has nothing to do with "my troubles doing without someone". Love means I'm more interested in my partner's happiness and well being than "my troubles". If a man truly loved you, he would never say something like "I can't live without you" because that's a selfish yearning, not a selfless interest in YOU.

I would say "I can't live without you" to my energy drink, my juicy steak, or the tub of Vaseline next to my bed. But those aren't about love, they are simply selfish yearnings that I have grown accustom to. If you are the type of girl who wants a guy to say that to you, then it probably means you want someone who is addicted to you because it makes you feel more secure in the relationship. Remember though, no matter how much of our drug we get, it will never bring happiness and satisfaction. And we don't look at our drugs as sacred and valuable beings, but as objects to be used and controlled. If that's the type of relationship you want, then be ready for a love-hate roller coaster.

"I can't live without you" is just a saying. People say that but it doesn't mean if their partner died tomorrow they would put a bullet through their head immediately. Majority of people would live on....including those that had lost their significant other due to death after 30+ years of marriage.