+ Follow This Topic

Thread: just wondering

just wondering

ok if i have broken up/said i was done with my boyfriend at least 3 times this past month but he begs and pleads that he doesnt want to break up. is he being serious in what all he is saying or is he giving me what i want to hear?

How the fucck would we know?

Quote Originally Posted by buckeyechick88 View Post
    ok if i have broken up/said i was done with my boyfriend at least 3 times this past month but he begs and pleads that he doesnt want to break up. is he being serious in what all he is saying or is he giving me what i want to hear?
    I would say he is serious that he doesn't want to break but I doubt he wants to change either.

That, or you are being unreasonable and not giving him time to change...
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

If you two broke up I can guess you had problems big enough to warrant a break up. So he wants to get back with you, but that doesn't mean he wants to change. He just doesn't want to start dating again, or he is emotionally attached to you. Emotional attachment has nothing to do with how well you two will work out, so be careful.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

I agree with Bulrush, he's hooked to the things that you can give him: validation, familiarity, companionship, sex, etc. But that doesn't mean he cares about you enough to improve his behavior in any degree.

Also, you need to be really honest with yourself here, if you REALLY wanted to break up with him, you wouldn't be on your third failed attempt. You would say "peace out" and then never let him talk you back into the relationship. Take a look inside of yourself, make sure you understand whats really going on here. Are you hooked on him just like he's hooked on you? Are you willing to pay the price of losing those things that you are hooked on if it means getting out of a toxic relationship? You need to be sure or you will keep having these failed breakup attempts.

well thanks for being a complete ass and douche! dont answer if you have nothing worth hearing/reading

thats ^ to surfhb so no gets confused!

I have not seen any douchey behaviour on this page.... Don't like opinions, don't ask for them.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

Us guys are totally different than girls. We never get emotional about something we want to keep unless we already know we will have a long time to search for a companion. But my question is, what else is their that we do not know about?
    To be or not to be?

Is that the question?

well thanks for being a complete ass and douche! dont answer if you have nothing worth hearing/reading
    Go fucck yourself then. here's your original post:

How could we possibly give you an opinion on so little info? Other posters were being very generous