+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Weird Ex?

Weird Ex?

Hi all,

Bio: I'm 21/Male, Ex is 21/Female.

A little background first. To keep things simple, I was involved in a 4.5 year relationship which ended at the beginning of year 2011. Things were generally smooth but the break up happened because ex had to go overseas to study at the beginning of 2011.

Basically, she went overseas, new bunch of friends, clubbing, alcohol.. Needless to say it was easy for her to cheat, which she did. Don't know about you guys but to me, making out with someone else, yea that's kinda cheating. And this is only as far as I know.

I decided to end things back then knowing that it's all going to hell and knowing that she's on a "it's just a phase of my life, I want to be single" mode.

The point of my post is, about a month back she came back and will be back home for about 3 months, after which she has to return overseas to finish her studies. About 1 month in to her return, she chats me up on fb (she initiated). My point of confusion is that she speaks to me like nothing has happened, AND she gives me her temporary number while she is back here WITHOUT me asking for it whatsoever. I was just talking about casual stuff to her, nothing relationship related. It really confuses me and I don't know what are her intentions.

More info: Breakup was ugly; No contact between us for almost the entire duration she was overseas; She was TERRIBLY fickle and undecided about the relationship prior to its end.

Any insight, opinions and perspectives will be much appreciated.

What are her intentions? Unless you're really stupid you should not care. Do not see her, do not talk to her. She is a waste of your time.

She's not marriage material and does not sound mature enough to know what she even wants. She's playing the field. Don't take her seriously anymore. But she might want to hook up. But don't expect anything more from her, even if she says she wants to be serious.

If you think you could get emotionally wrapped up in her if you start seeing her again, don't see her at all. No contact.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Thanks for the reassurance. I mean it has been bugging me for a while.. Sometimes things get a little confusing. She's a different person now, but I guess I got used to how she used to be, since we were together for so long. She was pretty fine when we were together, but the huge trigger was her overseas study thing.

You two have been together for a long time. If you do meet up with her, most likely the connection and emotional and sexual feelings will stir up again and before you know it, you both will be shagging in bed in no time. This makes things more complicated. You've gone a long way, and did a good thing by going no contact. Keep it that way. Nothing good comes out of hooking up with an ex....only drama. Do yourself a favour and steer clear from the drama.