+ Follow This Topic

Thread: For all men with broken hearts, check this read out.. explains a lot of problems

For all men with broken hearts, check this read out.. explains a lot of problems

[url]http://www.singularity2050.com/2010/01/the-misandry-bubble.html[/url]

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Bump. Interesting article. Its really about how the sexes of western society are struggling with a new division of labour and resources.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    Bump. Interesting article. Its really about how the sexes of western society are struggling with a new division of labour and resources.
    It will be a big struggle. Realize that the historic relationship between the sexes as likely existed for 100,000+ years. What has gone on in the last 40 or so years is change at blinding speed (in biosocial history).

Then again, everything is occuring at blinding speed these days. In a much bigger sense, the human race is challenging every other force in history and science. As with other races, we'll find out who will win very shortly.

In many ways, the failure of the West (the BIGGER issue detailed in the article) will be a victory of others. Similar occurances have repeated itself throughout time. I was just in the Middle East. The women were enamoured with me, showed extreme respect (and me for them, too). Those who I met were femine, smart, well-mannered). I see the same thing when I go to China. Both have been tainted by the West, but not that it has impacted their roots. Hu Jintao even commented on this recently when he said that the West is trying to attack those cultural roots to weaken China (he's right, that is the West's underhanded strategy).

I see a lot of factual errors, but I still find some of the author's points interesting.

The Western World has quietly become a civilization that undervalues men and overvalues women,
    I agree in the case of divorce law. Women should not be given more than half of marital assets, as in the case of "at fault" states like California. Also, it does not take $1500 per month to raise a child (current Michigan child support amount). I disagree in all other cases. Women should be VALUED for the work they do, even as a housewife. However, a child care worker should not be paid the same as a neurosurgeon, as the education and effort, and type of work, is very different. Market forces also come into play. Health insurance pays for neurosurgery, no insurance pays for child care, that comes out of consumer's pockets.
    Last edited by bulrush; 05-01-12 at 11:28 PM.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)