+ Follow This Topic

Thread: For me.. To move on it looks like I would have to "kill" the friendship... comment?

For me.. To move on it looks like I would have to "kill" the friendship... comment?

I'll just summarize this one up...

During highschool I've been friends with my seatmate in class.. let us name her Jill. We have been friends for along time and confessed then ended up being rejected...

I didn't want that rejected feeling to last so picked myself up and here I am now in medical school...

She got in touch through a quote.. Ended up talking with her again... Confessed again then got shot again... Sick and tired of this crappy feeling so I texted her that this time I want space, I want to distance myself.. I hope you understand etc etc... Then she replied " Do not be like this"

I then texted back *sorta went like this* It would help me move on. I have know you for a long time, put off other (women) knowing you are special. Rejected friends advice that I should stop pursuing you. I am not mad, just disappointed, didn't get what I was hoping for.. so maybe this time, I'd open myself to other chances that might come by.. I hope you understand..

Then she replied that she is now having a hard time too..

Then she replied : You are like my bestfriend and you want to end it like this?

--- I was like @_@.... those meme faces....

Geez I really want to freaking forget her.. If only there was a drug to forget her and not being guilty coz of what she said...

I don't know how to respond to what she said....

Well I sorta replied in this manner...

Since she said that she appreciated me when we were still friends I said thanks, then I said the point is I confessed then got a reply that I am only up to being friends with her. I said that I can't do this anymore, I just want to put this behind and move on. and for a guy to have his feelings not returned is disappointing and so I have to keep my distance now. the friendship may be gone but that's just the way it is... maybe for some people they can endure it but I don't want this feeling again...

Then she replied...

I guess I can't please you so maybe we both need time and space. Lastly I just want to say thank you for your time and effort, for me this will not go to waste and do not think that what you did is not worth it because you made me happy and I enjoyed your company so THANK YOU VERY MUCH...

yeah she did CAPS that...

Then I replied...

I didn't get my chance.. even just to go and eat out with you.. Thank you Jill.. God bless

Maybe.. it may not be overnight.. if I ever get a chance.. I hope that this time it will be more than just a friend...

END OF CONVERSATION...

Do you think I did pressure her?
    Should I have not put the confession directly? and just joke about it to "feel" if she also feels the same way..
    lol special friend... @_@
    I am so f-ed...

I swear I've answered this else where....

What's done is done. Let go and move on.
    'People are never perfect but love can be. People waste time looking for the perfect lover rather than creating the perfect love' - Princess Leigh-Cheri from Still Life With Woodpecker.

It's an old, sad story, trialqw. Neither of you can offer the other what they need. She can't manufacture romantic attraction for you and you can't ignore how much this hurts you. Her desire for a friendship is selfish for sure, but since she doesn't actually feel your pain, she can't understand just how much harm a simple friendship can do.

So sorry you are having such a hard time with this. You didn't do anything to not make her want you in a romantic way. She just didn't see you like that, that is all. Sadly that is just the way life is. In a girl's opinion, she wasn't being selfish or took advantage of you. She really does care and does feel the pain of the end of your friendship. It may look like she was being selfish at your end, but she didn't have any intention of hurting you....it's not her fault you fell for her, it happens, time to move on. No contact is best, and yes you will get over her.....the day you meet your future wife. Now it's time to focus on yourself for once and your goals.

Thank you all for replying.. It's been going well I guess.. Oh well...