+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Inexperienced

Inexperienced

I'm 19 years old. I talk with this girl maybe a year and I'm afraid that I'm into the friend zone already. I'm very insecure to ask her out because I've never been on a date with a girl and I just don't know how it works... And I've never kissed a girl before so I'm afraid she might notice that or maybe I will embarrass myself. What if she can tell I've never done this before? What if I suck at kissing? That's why I'm really nervous about making a move. I really don't what to do, I just see happy couples around and I'm becoming more and more desperate... I'm going to die alone with 70 cats...

you are 19!!!! you have a whole lifetime ahead of you. What 19 year old is fully experienced??? NONE

So what bc's right you have a lot ahead of you, ask her out,br confident be secure, but I wouldnt get your hopes up after a year, if she was ever attracted to you or wanted to date you she probably gave that hope up long ago so your probably friend zoned

If you're shy and inexperienced it's so easy for everyone to tell you 'just get out there'. But they are right. You either get 'out there' or stay in your shell. Only you can decide. In the game of love you are sure to face rejection from time to time but you have to learn to deal with that and move on. I've been rejected in the past but you have to get over it and carry on. Otherwise decide to live alone. Personally I'd prefer to be rejected from time to time but eventually find somebody beautiful. Which I did.

Fake it till you make it. Don't lie and say you "have experience", just say "you don't have much experience." Kissing isn't hard, unless you both have braces, then WATCH OUT! (I had a bad experience with that. Yes, braces CAN get locked together and it's hard to get them undone.)

Next, go out of your comfort zone and ask her out. Don't expect her to say "yes", just do it for the experience. Get more experience, ask out more girls one at a time. Then go on dates. Just don't expect much and have some fun. This is a case where I say lower your expectations so you will not be disappointed. You are just starting out life.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)