+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Inexperienced

Inexperienced

I'm 19 years old. I talk with this girl maybe a year and I'm afraid that I'm into the friend zone already. I'm very insecure to ask her out because I've never been on a date with a girl and I just don't know how it works... And I've never kissed a girl before so I'm afraid she might notice that or maybe I will embarrass myself. What if she can tell I've never done this before? What if I suck at kissing? That's why I'm really nervous about making a move. I really don't what to do, I just see happy couples around and I'm becoming more and more desperate... I'm going to die alone with 70 cats...

First off you have to change your attitude. There is no way around it, you have to develop confidence, that's what girls want. Second you have to get over the fear of rejection. It happens to everyone, and it's just part of life....you don't die from rejection, it's ok. Just ask her out to a movie, if she says no or gives you lame excuses then ditch her and ask someone else out. Never focus all your attention on one girl, you will only make yourself even more frustrated. Next, don't put girls up on a pedestal. They do not wish to be worshiped, they hate that. They are just girls. Lastly never wait months to ask a girl out. If you like a girl, give it a week or 2 of knowing her and ask her out. The more forward you are with girls, the more success you will have. Baby steps my friend, this takes practice. Go out to a party and chat up girls that don't intimidate you. Even if you don't find then that attractive, just test out flirting and what not....learn your skills....no one says you have to date them....you are just talking to them.

You have been talking to this girl for a year and you have not asked her out? My friend you have no chance at all because after a year she probably thinks you are not interested.
    Advice - get out there, stop being a pussy and take some risks. Along the way you will be rejected. But that is life.

Good grief. Do you want me to ask this girl out for you? I could be the...the .... Proxy Ask For A Date Service. I'll ask her out for you. If she says "yes" she'll call you. If she says "no" I'll email you.

Well, that was creepy wasn't it?

Why not send her an email if you are so nervous? It's better than nothing.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

sadie_genie Guest
    You can't expect to get a girl if you are a pussy. When you wait too long, a girl will be tired of waiting and move on. Nowadays, guys are still expected to make the first move. Don't worry about the kiss. If she likes you, she won't mind.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    Why not send her an email if you are so nervous? It's better than nothing.
    It's pretty close to the same.