+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: American (western) men and dating sites.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sixpacj View Post
    By "successful with women" you mean they get laid a lot? Then yes, you're right, they wouldn't ... But would they actually marry one of their "successes" and try to raise kids together? I'd say prolly not...

Or by "successful with women" you mean married?
    By "even slightly successful with women", I mean able to carry on a face-to-face conversation (rather than limited themselves to online)... Men who buy brides from overseas are desperate; not picky.

ANd for the record, I don't see black men importing foreign brides on a regular basis, so I think that was an irrelevant point you were trying to make.

PS - Hello, Mathias. Nice to see you back.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

It's kinda like men are waking up to the man-hating bullshit and are saying no more...
    Really? Believe whatever gets you through the night, I guess?
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Really? Believe whatever gets you through the night, I guess?
    Uhhhh.... yes, ok.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    By "even slightly successful with women", I mean able to carry on a face-to-face conversation (rather than limited themselves to online)... Men who buy brides from overseas are desperate; not picky.

ANd for the record, I don't see black men importing foreign brides on a regular basis, so I think that was an irrelevant point you were trying to make.

PS - Hello, Mathias. Nice to see you back.
    Possibly,... I am not American, but you'll have guessed this from my incorrect use of English ....

Now as for the question of what is desperate and what is picky... it's largely a matter of a naming convention... What you are doing yourself is being picky, and it's always the others who are desperate... hahaha but it's the same thing...

WHat is interesting is a bigger issue, I think, of people refusing to play by the rules and trying to go out of their dating "home turf" so to speak... buying foreign brides, dating other races, etc... I kinda have difficulty believing it's down to being a "loser"... While some men are hopeless and would resort to "buying" a foreign bride, others will just date an equally "foreign" woman who just happens to be already inside the country. But it's pretty much the same thing.

I don't believe the whole thing is about getting laid. Getting laid is easy.

Finding wive/husband material is a whole different ball game it seems... Some people are so confused... I stand by my observation that it has a lot to do with (some) men refusing to play by the rules imposed on them by society. It's a game (i.e. traditional "Western" rules on marriage) rigged against them and they are realising it now... After all, it's what women did some time ago...but no-one would say now that it's only ugly/fat/undesirable women who criticise the way society and the dating world is shaped.

I think what it boils down is that people no longer feel forced to play by the rules and are looking for what they want in other ethnic/racial/socioeconomic/etc. groups.... it's a whole new dynamic and it's interesting.

It's very tradditional. Man goes out and gets the $$$ to support and protcet family. Woman raises kids and takes care of the man.
    I was under the impression that Any woman from Any culture wanted a successful man who is ABLE to become the only bread winner and still have more than enough money for the whole family.. I can't imagine that American women would resist that.. after all that means they can also dedicate themselves to something they really love, but that does not necesserely bring stable income like painting, writing or many other things.. as well as the kids of course..

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    some men are hopeless and would resort to "buying" a foreign bride, others will just date an equally "foreign" woman who just happens to be already inside the country. But it's pretty much the same thing.
    No, it's not. Purchasing a bride from overseas that you haven't met in person, and who may not even have the skills necessary to communicate meaningfully with you cannot be compared to falling in love with a local girl, regardless of the ethnicities. One is solely a business transaction.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12