+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What does this text mean?

What does this text mean?

What does it mean when a guy initiates conversation by sending a text- something random. I respond with a brief neutral comment and then ask how it is going with his guy friends who are staying with him for the week. He comments back about the initial text and never responds to my questions about his friends.

Is he purposely being rude? Was he ignoring my more personal questions because he thought I was being "nosey"? I was just trying to get a conversation going and wanted to be more personal but I feel confused as to why he is texting me (superficial stupid texts) if he doesn't really want to let me in on his life.... Advice Please! Am I looking too far into this?

What the exact text he sent, and what is your exact reply?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

he wants in your vag

In my experience it is rather useless to go to such great lengths to analyse text messages. I think you are reading too much into all of this...

That said, I wouldn't follow up on the guy much... He could call you rather than text, for one... Don't think about him, if he decides to to call you again or invest more, go with the flow, but for now... forget about him.

Maybe he doesn't want you to know that his buddies are trimmin the buds on his pot crop.

HAHA! Probably Smackie....

The text means chill the **** out and stop reading into pointless things.

I have to agree with Bigboy, but I'll try to say it in a nicer way. Men, especially young men, tend to be emotionally and communicably lacking. Generally, we don't really read into the conversation very much. Instead we put more value on the ACT of having had a conversation. Women tend to remember the conversation vividly, and make speculations and assumptions based on the content. Men tend to remember little more than the fact that we had some sort of conversation. He was probably just happy that you had text him, was all smiles, and went off to hang out with his buddies thinking you two were in great shape. I wouldn't think anything of it. Maybe some day when you are married you can kindly ask him to communicate better. But in the meantime, just be cool and let it go, its part of dealing with men.