+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Great first date, but she's ignoring me?

Great first date, but she's ignoring me?

So I met this awesome girl last Sunday who's in the Naval Academy. There were lots of laughs, we definitely connected, and we ended it with a nice kiss/make-out before we parted ways. I waited till yesterday afternoon to text her for another date, buuuuut didn't hear anything from her all day. Now, when I have a crappy date and I contact the girl, I don't really 100% expect to hear back from them.. But in this case, I kinda did. Like I said, everything went pretty damn well, and I've never ended a first date with a kiss/make-out that didn't lead to a second (why would you kiss someone, when completely sober, if you never want to see them again???).

I've also gone ahead and sent her a message on PoF (where we initially met) this morning asking if she received my text yesterday.

ur blowing it... 1 date good or bad dont mean your gonna have another one. its called she wasnt feeling you maybe after she slept on it, or theres another guy shes gota a date with and will contact you after.

dont give her the attention she wants...ur looking needy.

give her some time...some women just wait some time until they write something back...its weird but its so,wait at least a week or so...

Don't wait a minute longer. Just get on with finding someone who is anticipating your next date and not avoiding you like this girl is. If she's not pursuing you back then you're wasting your valuable flirting time with better prospects.

Desperate people wait so let her call you and in the meantime, foreget she exists.

I've also gone ahead and sent her a message on PoF (where we initially met) this morning asking if she received my text yesterday.
    She likely has 50 other guys emailing her. You've already contacted her.. it's her turn to contact you back and if she doesn't then ... Next!
    “The willingness to accept responsibility for one’s own life is the source from which self-respect springs.” ~Joan Didion

I'm already seeing others girls. It's just that I'm CONFUSED about this situation. I've been rejected before, I've had my kiss attempts rejected before, I've had my heart broken before, I've had bad dates, I've had good dates, ect.. But never, NEVER have I had an awesome date (that also ended with a nice kiss) which led to the girl ignoring me for no apparent reason. It just makes no sense. And if she wasn't "feeling" me, why the hell would she make out with me? Bah. Don't expect you all to know, I'm just ranting at this point..

because she wanted to see if could kiss...why would a guy hump a girl on a 1st date if he wants nothing to do with her...its a game both sexes can plan. learn much?

There's only two possible answers:

1) She still likes you but can't answer right now. You said she's in the Naval Academy, maybe she's out onboard ship with no coverage. Or maybe in drills -- especially if she's a plebe she'll have limited mobile access. Or maybe they drilled her so hard (not in the way you want to) that she's been too exhausted.

2) She kissed you but didn't really love it. Do you go to St. John's? If yes that's an immediate turnoff right there. Buncha damn hippies. She may have also felt pressured into the kiss and didn't have the cajones to say no at the time, but because of the pressure you're now cut off. I've had that happen -- I convince myself "No, this is really what she wants" when I deep down know it isn't, force the kiss, and sometimes even get one, but that's the last I'll ever receive. For her to ever respond to another text she *has* to have that crosseyed, dreamy look in her face before you plant one the first time. Otherwise you're out. Or maybe there is another guy, she has a boyfriend, even, and she woke up the next morning and said "Nah, I just can't cheat on him, he's too sweet even though Oldskool83's kisses *were* dreamy."

Simple but hard truth is that it doesn't really matter, if she didn't respond that's it. Nobody in the history of ever has ever lost a text message. In the future never ask if a girl did because it looks supremely bad. If she liked that night at all you will hear from her again in the next two weeks. Until then, however, do NOT reach out to her.