+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than a physical attraction?

More than a physical attraction?

Hi,

so there was this guy who told me that he is only physically attracted to women who he has talked to and finds intelligent and witty. I told him that it is more than a physical attraction if you like the person's personality. He responded with it is still physical because maybe that person is right for him. As soon as personality plays a role in attraction isn't it no longer just physical?

I am a guy and I agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    I am a guy and I agree with you.
    Thank you! I liked this guy before and when I tried hanging out with him it just turned into fooling around. He told me how he thought about fooling around with me for weeks(since I was away at school). He said he can't just go to a bar and pick up someone because she could just be an airhead. He says unless drunk he has never been able to get off with someone he didn't think was smart. He said what he looks for in a one night stand is someone he enjoys talking to and someone he can stand to be around. we talk now and the past is the past...but he keeps telling me how he never liked me and never could.

Yeah, I don't think this has anything to do with what physical attraction means to him. It has more to do with what kind of girl he what's to fool around with. Sorry, I hope I am not being too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by madotnw_nihs View Post
    Yeah, I don't think this has anything to do with what physical attraction means to him. It has more to do with what kind of girl he what's to fool around with. Sorry, I hope I am not being too harsh.
    Yeah he told me it was only a physical attraction tho. thats what he describes a physical attraction as.

He is saying if you have a nice rack, you better have a nice brain to go with it or you are just a waste of his time.

Come to think of it, he is not normal for a guy. Should be able to have sexual desire just out of physical appearance....emotional connection is just a bonus but shouldn't be necessary. BINGO!

This dude is a dud.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    Come to think of it, he is not normal for a guy. Should be able to have sexual desire just out of physical appearance....emotional connection is just a bonus but shouldn't be necessary. BINGO!

This dude is a dud.
    Jesus.

Have you ever actually had to talk to a stupid girl before? Attraction (yes, physical attraction) goes away instantly.

And I'm completely on the opposite end of being a dud.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by pepper View Post
    so there was this guy who told me that he is only physically attracted to women who he has talked to and finds intelligent and witty. I told him that it is more than a physical attraction if you like the person's personality. He responded with it is still physical because maybe that person is right for him. As soon as personality plays a role in attraction isn't it no longer just physical?
    I've certainly found a good-looking man less attractive the moment he speaks. You can't imagine the converse? Developing physical attraction for a wo/man b/c of their other qualities? Read the threads here about friends who end up dating--they start just like this.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

If it's going to be anything other than a fling then you have to be impressed by the whole package - looks, values, intelligence. Looks alone are not enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Jesus.

Have you ever actually had to talk to a stupid girl before? Attraction (yes, physical attraction) goes away instantly.

And I'm completely on the opposite end of being a dud.
    I'm talking about this particular person and not anyone else...again I guess I need to put in a disclaimer.

I can see why she is in disbelief with her friend. She has seen guy's reactions towards attractive girls, you know what I'm talking about....for example every guy's head turning young and old, as a hottie or sizzler walks down the street, or how they sneak a peak at the waitress's boobs later to say they would bang her in a second if they had the chance. Then her friend comes along and says a girl has to meet a specific criteria before he feels any kind of attraction and is not thinking with his penis.

So that being said.....Just by looking at a particularly good looking someone, JUST LOOKING not meeting, you can't tell me that you wouldn't find them sexually desirable/ attractive, because that is where the poster is getting at here. Being physically attractive to someone is motivation to pursue it further by talking to them and getting to know them. So she is right.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This thread belongs in the 'Archives of Duh'.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    This thread belongs in the 'Archives of Duh'.
    Ya I agree......it should all go without saying....what the hell is next?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast