+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Thoughts and opinions

Thoughts and opinions

I just had a break up that lasted a year and half, we are both 20 years old. Basically the status now is that she is dating her roommate who basically took advantage of the situation when we broke up. She started dating him soon after our break up and there was alot of emotions involved where she contemplated about getting back with me and eventually wanting me back. During the time period when they were dating me and her hooked up couple of times and she eventually told her roommate who was pissed but said that since he truly loved her he will forgive her. This is like 2 or 3 weeks into the break up we are talking about and probably screwed in a couple of weeks as well, how can you truly love someone that fast? Anyways the guy sounds like a tool and the only reason I think she got with him is because she is vulnerable. She basically said hes not attractive and that she can find someone better than him. She lives with 4 other guys and 3 other girls. As for me I have been focusing on myself and just trying to adjust to the single life and evaluate and learn from everything that transpired in the relationship. I really learned alot from it but am a bit bitter about everything that happened and resent her alot. I am afraid to love again to be honest, but throughout the relationship I don't think I really really loved her or truly loved her.

I was just wondering what you guys think about the whole situation and do you think their relationship will last? Shes pretty insecure and it seems like she constantly needs someone in her life to make her feel good about herself. I just basically want to know what u guys think about everything that transpired. I guess one thing I want is for her to realize the mistakes she made because she is always justifying that what she is doing is right. She changed alot after the break up and it is mainly for the worst. Alot of what she is doing is uncharacteristic of her and its shame. Also for an added bonus could you guys talk a little bit about your love lifes and what you learned from it?
    Last edited by xztjohn; 23-01-12 at 03:05 AM.

can you guys provide your thoughts and opinions? i am very curious on what you guys think about all of this.

She sounds insecure, and I think she will have a habit of jumping from guy to guy based on her emotions. I would never count on something serious from a girl like this. She sounds unreliable.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

do you think that relationship will last? am i doin the right thing by focusing on myself? im pretty bitter an heart broken from all of this