+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are the things you guys learned in your first break up

What are the things you guys learned in your first break up

I learned alot from mines, so I was curious as to what you guys learned. Provide a list of what you learned

men are superficial bastards who only see me for my body and will secretly date your best friend
    “So it's not gonna be easy, It's going to be really hard, we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday.” <3

I learned nothing from my first breakup, except that I didn't have any strong feelings for her. I went on to have worse relationships that lasted longer.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

i learned what i really wanted the qualities for my future relationships to possess. I learned that communication is key. I learned that you can't change a person and that it really takes great chemistry for two people to make it for the long run. Chemistry is something you either have or you don't and it can never be forced.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by xztjohn View Post
    I learned alot from mines, so I was curious as to what you guys learned. Provide a list of what you learned
    When you know it won't work, cut the line, clean and quick. I dragged my first behind the cart for miles. He forgave me (great man), but I'm still a bit ashamed to this day for being so selfish and insensitive.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

I dragged my first behind the cart for miles.
    i think that is a common thing people tend to do with their firsts. I also learned not to waste too much time on something that won't work in the first place.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    That makes me feel a bit better. Its a bit like firing someone: unpleasant but you know its for the best. Except you always hope before it gets to that stage, they would choose to move on and save their own face.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Depends on whether you are doing the dumping or being dumped. When I was 20 I was dumped by a girl I loved. It hurt. A lot. Last year (27 years later) I dumped a girl. Didn't hurt at all. Lessons learned? Life is too short and you're dead a long long time. So don't waste it.

Every relationship before I meet The One will fail.
    The first girl is always going to leave, unless you are Cory Matthews, but even Topanga left for a bit.
    Same song and dance.
    "Whats the weather like kid?" --- "Its always sunny in Hell."

Third date! Can't stop fate. Its time to take this thing we got to the next level.
    Ya'know SPEND ALL OF OUR WAKING HOURS TOGETHER!!!!
    SURPRISE showed up at your job again! I was thinkin' I wanna be everything to you.

I learned the first few breakups are the hardest even if you aren't compatible at all. It just takes time to get over them.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Get over it as quickly as possible, there's always other opportunities just around the corner.

that it's not the end of the world....actually far from it. =)

I learned that...
    LDRs usually fail
    Some women don't know the difference between simply liking attention and actually being in love
    Breakups f*cking hurt if you are emotionally invested even slightly
    Sexual tension can cause me (as a man) to carry on a relationship way past the point that it should have ended
    Being honest is ALWAYS the best road, even if it hurts both people
    Sometimes the best intentions simply don't pan out
    You can torture yourself about what you could have changed or done differently, but the first relationship is always a learning experience that will end in failure
    ...one can be sure of nothing until it has already happened...

Even though breaking up may feel like the end of the world and it hurts really bad..... time does actually heal and you do get better. And one day you'll be thankful that the break-up actually happened because it's for the better....

Heres what I learned
    I learned that the time you have with someone you should cherish it because nothing lasts forever. Cherish the moments that you had and appreciate the times you spent together.

Learn to really communicate your problems. Communication is key and is a big part of why most relationships fail. Address your needs and concerns, because if you hide it under the rug the problems will eventually resurface.

After a break up you should take the time to really evaluate yourself as a human being learn to love yourself and your relationship first, before you can love someone else. Don't go off dating someone immediately after a break up because you are not being fair to you and the other person

When life is hard your friends and family are the ones that will always be there for you. You might lose sight of your friends and neglect them, by being solely committed to your girlfriend, just remember that they are always there for you.

Learn to balance your life and don't be too over consumed with your girlfriend. Have a life other than your girlfriend because if one day she is gone, you will be left with nothing.

Learn to love yourself first, before you love someone else

Use this break up as a learning tool to better improve yourself as a human being. Don't settle for less, don't date someone because you are scared to be alone, it really shows what type of character you are.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast