+ Follow This Topic

Thread: A little confused.........

A little confused.........

My boyfriend and I went out for about 10 months when he broke up with me. We didn't talk for 2 months and then started talking again and are now working on our relationship.

He started a new job and wants to make sure that works out, so we are taking things slow. But he always says things or does things that really confuse me. He bought us his and hers watches for christmas and comments about the summer what we'll do and things like that, but then I don't see him for 2 weeks at a time. I'm not worried about him cheating at all, that is not a concern of mine. He does come over when the kids are here and they love him dearly. He prefers coming when they're not here.

I don't want to push because I know his job is still new and worried him, and I know that when you usually push a person too much, that usually pushes them in the opposite direction.

I love him with all my heart and I know he cares for me, sometimes I just don't know what he's thinking and I wish I knew. We do talk on a daily basis.

I'm just confused and really not sure what I'm asking. What should I do? How long do I wait?

If you want this relationship to work you have to communicate with him about how you are feeling. You also have every right to know what is going on with him....no secrets. If asking him questions about the status of your relationship, and other personal things is going to push him away, then there is no relationship. You cannot have a relationship if cannot be honest with each other.

Thanks smackie, I know I have to talk to him and stop guessing. Either we're together or we're not.

I understand why he wants to hang out when the kids aren't there..... kids don't deserve having parents together and then apart, it's unhealthy for them to witness such things. So he wants to keep it that way until he knows for certain you two are officially back together.

I totally agree with you bcgirl. Kids don't need that at all.

Thanks for all the advice, but we broke up last night.

So sorry things didn't work out.....I wish you all the best, take care.

Thanks smackie,, I broke it off, not getting what I need out of the relationship and he's not ready to go there