+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advise on this situation.

Need some advise on this situation.

Hey so I need some advise. So, I met this girl in school. We only talked for a little bit, but I got her number. So few days later I asked her if she wanted to meet up for some coffee/movie and see how it goes and she said yeah. Now, she is txting me all the time, like we still didn't have our first date and she saying how she wants to cook for me lol. If I don't text her within 30 min she sends me a txt. I don't have a problem with that at all, but don't want to hurt her feeling if nothing comes out of this. I also have a date with another girl, so should I tell her that I'm dating other women or not? I didn't even use the word "date" when I asked her.

Oh.my.god. I know what it feels like as a young girl to be on the RECEIVING end of what you here are talking about. You want my straight up advice? TELL HER THE TRUTH. My god, it's soooo frustrating for someone to be sitting there feeling like they should keep their hopes up. If you're seeing someone else, TELL THEM you're seeing someone else. If you're interested, TELL THEM you're interested. Let the damn girl know what's up, no one likes to be left there hanging. If you tell her the deal straight up and she gets extremely disappointed at least then she can take some time out to move on, you're just gonna inflict more damage the longer you keep her riding along. We like honesty, so that way we don't have to put up with the crap. I am going through the exact SAME thing (minus the contacting, texting, coming off as obsessive etc.) and I have NO idea what he's thinking, I'm know what I'm thinking and that's "FUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!". Do her a favor and spit it out.

ok thanks for the advise, I just found it weird that she barely knows me and is acting like this. Yeah im going to tell her. I just want to casually date other people. I just recently dated someone for 3 months and she was acting like she wanted something more, but in the end she just played me. So, that's why I want to date around instead of focusing all my efforts on one girl.

Quote Originally Posted by unknowingly View Post
    ok thanks for the advise, I just found it weird that she barely knows me and is acting like this. Yeah im going to tell her. I just want to casually date other people. I just recently dated someone for 3 months and she was acting like she wanted something more, but in the end she just played me. So, that's why I want to date around instead of focusing all my efforts on one girl.

Girls do tend to come off as a bit 'eager' sometimes. It's a mistake a lot of us make, not because we're trying to be irritating it's because sometimes we value the attention. Plus it's your choice, she aint gonna feel so hot if you ditch her and then go off and date like heaps of other chicks, she gon' be wondering what she did wrong and what's wrong with her, so best keep what you're doing on the DL as in no announcing it.

Also, please respect the other girls feelings too, and respect the other chicks you so plan to 'casually' date. You needa tell them straight up what you're looking for and so do they you need to be on the same ground and establish your wants at that moment in time or else it's gonna turn into a big misunderstanding, you're gonna think she wants more, she's gonna think you value her but really you're hooking up with other chicks. And I advise you too to not go playing around and sleeping with multiple chicks at the same time, its does nothing but sorta destroy your rep, not many chicks like getting to know someone like that cuz they know what they'll be in line for.

And just cuz the last girl you were with ended up giving you a bad experience, dont mean the next one will, you never know it could be extremely awesome and you could end up having a blast. Geez, I dunno what it is with you guys these days!! Immediately categorizing girls and thinking "they all wanna be serious, they all wanna take our lives away from us, they're all needy psychotic bitches". (IF WE GET TOO SERIOUS WITH THEM) But then again, we ladies do the same, we do tend to have trouble trusting you and we all are under the impression a majority of you are players, and some places you go pretty much prove that to be true. ;P

But regardless of what I've said it's all your choice, it's just ideal you don't go breaking hearts whilst you're at it, quit seeing chicks as objects or items you can trial out for 30 days and see if they suit if not they get returned to where they came from.
    Last edited by SapphireBerry; 30-01-12 at 02:35 PM.

... quit seeing chicks as objects or items you can trial out for 30 days and see if they suit if not they get returned to where they came from.
    I don't see he is using girls, but it's still a fair warning for the OP. Keep in mind that you have to date a lot of people to find that special one. And I always advise people to date at least 10 people before they settle down.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)