+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused, and looking for opinions. Crush on older guy?

Confused, and looking for opinions. Crush on older guy?

Thanks for the replies. Didn't help much, but o'well.

Quote Originally Posted by Luti-Kriss View Post
    this question mostly goes out to older guys, what would you think if you were in his position? Where a 20 year old girl had a crush on you?
    Been in that situation a few times as the older male as I tend to attract younger girls oddly enough or women way older than me (lol). And I personally have no problem with the age gap. It's usually the girl who struggles with this issue as it means much more when you are younger. Your friends and family will judge you for dating someone much holder and the pressure can put a strain in the relationship. As it has ruin a few of mines. Being in the position as the older male, I usually refrain from pursuing a relationship with someone much younger as I know it is still a cultural taboo. But if she pursue me and has the maturity to make her own decisions in life, then I will give it a chance and see if there is a possibility for a future together despite the odds against it.

Women, as a group, mature emotionally faster than guys, so it makes sense, that some women will like older guys. For me, it's not about age (though they should be at least 21), it's about the girl's maturity. Maybe you think your attraction is "weird" simply because you haven't experienced it much. If he's a good guy, why not ask him out?
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

He's probably 15 years older than you, like almost twice your age.
    He's a bartender - it's his job to be nice to people.
    Find somebody closer to your own age. Here endeth the lesson.

Bartendars are usually man whores and would love to bang a younger chick like you.

You will run into crushes like this many more times in your life with men of all ages.....even when you are married. It's just part of life....you just need to learn self control. Just because someone appeals to you doesn't mean you have to act upon it. Just admire them from afar, it will keep you out of trouble.