+ Follow This Topic

Thread: should i be worried?

should i be worried?

A male friend of my girlfriend asked her to a fancy dress party and she wrote back on his facebook wall--"Fancy Dress,sounds sexy". This is a male friend who she said she used to flirt with before we met but not anymore. Am i reading too much into this or should i be worried? She didnt end up going to the party but i only found out about it through seeing the post on his facebook wall. I wasn't invited as i dont know this male friend of hers too well as she barely ever meets him.
    Last edited by billyconlon; 09-02-12 at 10:31 AM.

yes i know im a broken record but im just asking for peoples opinion on this matter.

I think that you should ask her about it. If you can trust her, then whatever she tells you is the truth. But if you can't trust her, you shouldn't be with her in the first place. Trust is the base of all relationships. If you don't have trust, you don't have a relationship worth working for.

Quote Originally Posted by billyconlon View Post
    A male friend of my girlfriend asked her to a fancy dress party and she wrote back on his facebook wall--"Fancy Dress,sounds sexy". This is a male friend who she said she used to flirt with before we met but not anymore. Am i reading too much into this or should i be worried? She didnt end up going to the party but i only found out about it through seeing the post on his facebook wall. I wasn't invited as i dont know this male friend of hers too well as she barely ever meets him.
    insecurity makes you really unattractive DONT ask your girl about it... if she wanted to be with him she would of tried to go to that party.. just act cool about it you will appear more attractive than you already are in your g.f's eyes..

if she steps out of line PM me and ill help you on what to say to her

good luck

My gf went to a party like the one you describe about two months into our relationship. She told me after the fact and made a big deal that her friend Holly and Holly's friends (male and female) were "beautiful people." When she said that, I just sort of snorted and didn't say anything. To say anything would have been defensive and seemed jealous or resentful. The snort came across as being somewhere between laugh and a sneer. I never heard her use the "beautiful people" line again and she never went to another one of those parties, as far as I can tell.

Don't let her use her tools to make you jealous. Just blow it off and always, always, always have it in the back of your mind that you can meet someone else with whom you can be happy. That woeful jealous little puppydog look you are working up...she'll make you eat yourself alive with jealousy if you let it happen.

And, don't get angry...that just shows her that you are over-invested (save that for marriage, if you think she's really worth it). My gf drank too much during a dinner date the other day, and fell asleep during dessert. The next day, she apologized profusely. I didn't say anything like "You stupid idiot!" or anything like that...I just told her, in so many words, to grow up. She either gets the hint of she doesn't and then I can make a decision.

Be in the driver's seat, okay?
    Last edited by CAM; 28-03-12 at 01:14 PM.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by billyconlon View Post
    I wasn't invited as i dont know this male friend of hers too well as she barely ever meets him.
    I'd do this for a friend, but only if it was something unusual like a special event or promotion and he couldn't find a suitable date. But since he's not a close friend then yes, a red flag in this case. Stay cool, like CAM says. If she goes, nothing you can do.

@ CAM lol on the 'beautiful people' and your snorty response. I remember that term from high school. Hilarious they still use it.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Quote Originally Posted by Estella View Post
    Hello! You need not be worried, this phrase mean nothing serious. It is a stated fact that the girls love to flirt, just do not pay too much attention to this stuff.
    true some girls like to flirt, but not all girls.

Outfits, sounds sexy"

Quote Originally Posted by lexsgirl23 View Post
    true some girls like to flirt, but not all girls.
    thats the point! 10/10

Great advice!!!

how old are u?

and if your relationship with het is okay, u dont have to worry about foools like that.

not at all