+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not taking initiative?

Not taking initiative?

I've been dating this guy for a little over a month. He told me he's an exclusive dater and that he really likes hanging out with me. He texts me for a little bit late at night quite often but I find he never takes any initiative to make plans to hang out. He never rejects me when I ask him if he wants to hang out unless he already has plans which is usually never. Good or bad sign? I have a difficult time with getting attached to guys and liking them more than they like me.

Any help with not getting anxious about whether he truly does like me or not? How can I get him to invite me out? Should I just wait for him to do it even if it means not seeing him for a long time? I really like this guy.

Perhaps he had a rough relationship which left him a bit wary of opening up and being proactive? Why not talk to him rather than to us - it's the only way you're going to find out how you stand.

When you "hang out" do you have sex or do you "hang out" and do fun things (not sex) together outside the home/bedroom/couch? If all you do is have sex when you invite him to hang then I can see why he'd not turn you down. (unless he was busy, which isn't very often.)

I do agree with Bois... you need to have a laid back chat with him and find out what's up. Unless of course all you're doing is having sex and then I'd say you need to take your hanging to outside only activities and if he suddenly becomes too busy, too often then you'll know whats up.
    Last edited by Wakeup; 19-02-12 at 12:02 AM.

Have you told him you are submissive and don't like to make the plans? Just tell him that. Sheez. How hard is that?

Once several girls told me they were submissive, and they wouldn't make the first move (like kissing) then everything went smoothly from there. Great communication = great time for everyone.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)