+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any advice on getting back together?

Any advice on getting back together?

My Girlfriend dumped me 3 days ago after our 8 month relationship because she
    says we have been fighting too much and she wasnt happy anymore. now honestly
    i dont think we were fighting a whole lot and ive been a REALLY good boyfriend to her, but
    she has other things going on in her life (her mom has been in jail) and i think shes just overwhelmed
    and doesnt want to deal with us fighting too. long story short.. i talked to her yesterday and she says
    she "Does want to try to work things out...but doesnt want to fight anymore and needs some time to think".
    maybe im just worried but how long should i not contact her? i want her to miss me but im afraid if i dont
    at least ask how things are going shes going to move on. we agreed on a break to resolve things, not a permanent breakup.

Just give her space and let all the contact come from her. She has asked for time to think, give it to her.

If she moves on, well she moves on. You can't control that.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

In my experience this is bullshit. Taking a break = taking a break from YOU.
    Need time to think = I want to tell you that it's over but I don't have the balls to tell you so lets just drift apart and avoid a distressing breakup scene.

Hth is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    boisdevie is right

Its good to try to help ppl thru whatever's going on in their lives. But you can only help ppl who want to be helped. If she has issues that are spilling into your relationship, she's not addressing them by saying you guys "fight too much". I doubt she wants a real relationship right now, at least not with you. But honestly all girls want someone to go to when they need it. You don't want to be nothing but her go to guy. So, just leave it alone,