+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facebook and relationships

Facebook and relationships

Now a days facebook play a huge part in our everyday lives, as well as in our relationships. Everywhere on the forum you can see people having issues because of facebook. I have been thinking about this for a while now and i want to here other peoples opinions on the matter. Is facebook good or bad for a relationship? Pros and cons about posting your relationship on facebook? Please discuss!

Facebook is neither good nor bad. Facebook is.

Like anything else, it's a tool. How you use the tool is up to you, and whether or not you let the tool use you.

Facebook is the anti-christ. It is destructive, cause fights, misunderstandings, and can be used to bully, and torment. If you are not careful, your private life can be jepordized. I myself have had to block a creep. All my settings are set on private, and I only use it to communicate with those closest to me. HIA is right it all depends on how you use it.....just don't get caught up in the BS.

FB is like being in junior high, where the only thing that is important is popularity.

smackie9, your last sentence was soo right on when it comes to FB.

OP, you have to realize very quickly when you get an FB account or any other social media account that it's just the internet...it is what it is. Most of the people that are your friends, do you REALLY know them? My answer would probably be NO.

If they are friends/family, but you haven't seen them in years, you still in a way don't know them & as such, don't get sucked in to whatever drama they have going on.

As far as relationship statuses on FB, most times it's all bullshit. 1 day someone is so "madly in love", then the next they hate eachother & are "single" again. A real relationship consists of 2 people seeing eachother PHYSICALLY each day, sharing & communicating with each other. Not whatever the relationship is on FB, especially if they have never met in real life.

I am not on FB so I avoid ALL the drama. My bf is on it though.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

I know lots of guys that don't bother with a FB account and for good reason. So their GFs don't get all crazy over an ex or a random girl posting a simple comment on their wall......yes avoiding all the drama!

The best thing to do is limit the info and pics you post. My pics are of just random crap and I usually post music videos or jokes, and not about the vacation I'm going on, counting my sleeps ...blah!
    Last edited by smackie9; 22-02-12 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    I am not on FB so I avoid ALL the drama. My bf is on it though.
    I'm on it, and my wife's on it too. It's a tool to us, nothing more. When I'm in the middle of boinking her, I don't answer my phone (call or text) either, as I own the phone not the other way around. People really need to start realizing that the tool isn't responsible for the behavior - they are.

That don't matter. In order to stop the maddness, access has to be stopped, in order to stop access, it has to be shut down. But that won't matter either, they will just run back to myspace......

Facebook played a part in the breakdown of my relationship. I truly believe things would be better off without it.
    Holding on to anger and hate is like drinking poison and expecting the other person to die.

If people are stupid enough to let FB **** up their relationships then they deserve all they get.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What?

This must be a problem for people in their teens and early 20s.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    What?

This must be a problem for people in their teens and early 20s.
    Perhaps, but, there has been pretty severe fights with my mom and multiple exes that stemmed from Facebook. My mother would make a comment "you look cute next to (not_girlfriend) ", ex would get upset/block mom, mom would flip out, etc.

Its a mind-numbing scenerio, getting worked up and starting spats from Facebook, but even adults can let Facebook get out of hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    If people are stupid enough to let FB **** up their relationships then they deserve all they get.
    100% agree.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Facebook is awesome, keeping joining people. At least until May. Thanks.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What's happening in May?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast