+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Met her on the street and she acted so cold : (

Met her on the street and she acted so cold : (

Hi people,

A few days ago suddenly met this woman, I know for months, on the street and she was so cold(!).

She didn't even want to shake hands and her choice surprised me a lot.
    We had a quick chat and then she started walking away . . .

I felt really annoyed from her attitude (I gave her no reason to act this way)
    and some hours later I called her to ask if everything is ok and what's the reason to behave like this . . .
    I asked her if I did something that bothered her that much (?!) and at first she said she acts this way
    when she is tired and other generic stuff.

And then she said: "Well, I don't feel something for you and I don't want to give you fake hopes or something"

She surprised me saying this, and I said to her there wasn't no reason telling me these things . . but she insisted that she
    wanted to tell me no matter what.

I felt really frustrated having her telling me these things for reason at all. . .
    The fact is that we did speak on the phone some days earlier before I suddenly met her but she wasn't cold or something at all,
    we had a good phone talking for an hour.

*We have been seeing - contacting each other for months now, there were some private moments but truth is that things didn't move forward.
    **I never pushed her emotionally or physically and I believe there was no reason for her to act this way.
    ***Well, the fact is she was giving me many hopes but I didn't grab some chances.

Why she choosed this way to turned me down . . we were somewhat cold anyway since things didn't work for both of us.

How do I act from now on in case we meet again suddenly?
    Was it wrong to call and ask her why all this attitude?

maybe she was walking on the street with no make-up on and scrubby clothes and felt really embarassed that you saw her like that. So instead....she pretended it was YOUR fault.

It's obvious she doesn't know how the handle matters like this. Maybe she had a few run ins with persistent guys in the past and has made her feel she has no choice but to be a total bit ch to get her message across. You should feel lucky tho.....you found out she has an ugly rude side to her...thank God you are not dating that.

Quote Originally Posted by smackie9 View Post
    It's obvious she doesn't know how the handle matters like this. Maybe she had a few run ins with persistent guys in the past and has made her feel she has no choice but to be a total bit ch to get her message across. You should feel lucky tho.....you found out she has an ugly rude side to her...thank God you are not dating that.
    Well Smackie,
    note that, while talking on the phone some days earlier I wasn't persistent at all, I was kinda cold maybe, and our talking was light and fun,
    I didn't even ask for a date or something but she was the one to say we should go a trip together later this year . . . (!!)

And some days later happens to meet her and I get all this attitude described in my thread.
    Still I feel frustrated and hurt, and a little guilty maybe cause I was the one not to move things forward between us,
    although she gave me super obvious signals . . .

I don't know why she told you that she was not interested in that way. But now you know she's not interested in dating you. It's nothing personal. Time to move on.

And don't go on a trip with her. That might be confusing.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

Quote Originally Posted by bulrush View Post
    I don't know why she told you that she was not interested in that way. But now you know she's not interested in dating you. It's nothing personal. Time to move on.

And don't go on a trip with her. That might be confusing.
    Hey bulrush,

Trip with her? I think everything is ended between us.
    Fact is we know each other for years, and that is that makes me feel bad.
    I also believe she wanted to give her self an ego boost, so she is the one to "dump" me,
    and her seeing me not asking her on a date, she decided to act this way.

Well sometimes, in the dating game, you are wondering who is "using" who . . .
    and women get really angry when they think they being used.

I didn't say you were persistent, I said guys in her past may have been persistent and she just assumes that is the way to get rid of someone. But whatever the case may be, she doesn't handle herself well, and well who wants to date someone who turns evil on you just like that. There is no communication there. Plus if she wanted to date you, what was wrong with her? she could have stepped up and asked you out. Women these days.......

Sure her beating you to the punch may have been a possibility....if it was for an "ego boost" as you suggested, that just spells insecurity anyways.

How could you be using her? You never boinked her, and didn't call her for days afterwards.

I didn't say you were persistent, I said guys in her past may have been persistent and she just assumes that is the way to get rid of someone. But whatever the case may be, she doesn't handle herself well, and well who wants to date someone who turns evil on you just like that. There is no communication there. Plus if she wanted to date you, what was wrong with her? she could have stepped up and asked you out. Women these days.......

Sure her beating you to the punch may have been a possibility....if it was for an "ego boost" as you suggested, that just spells insecurity anyways.

How could you be using her? You never boinked her, and didn't call her for days afterwards.
    She is under a major health issue, and my actions showed that I may don't really care,
    which is not true at all, cause I do really care for her.
    Note, that she got dumped twice because of this health issue, and I already made her
    known that I could be by her side no matter the "costs".

I was the only man into her life the past months, and probably will be hard for her to find
    someone else. My friends say that she will call me for sure, sooner or later, but i doubt it.

So she might just need to kool off and re-access that is all. Next time please don't leave out crucial infomation, or we can't help you.

So she might just need to kool off and re-access that is all. Next time please don't leave out crucial infomation, or we can't help you.
    Well Smackie,

I can remember some words she said (a month ago) when things turned out heavily "cold" between us for several reasons:
    "It's getting cold, let's wait till the "weather" is warm again later on"

Think I might have another chance with this woman or just blew away all of my possibilities . . ?
    Hmm . . . but then again her last words were so heavy and hard.
    Do you believe she could try a re-access after what she said?

Anything can be possible. But you need to take action if you want to see results. I cannot tell you if it's good or bad, but what is life without taking a risk or two right?

Anything can be possible. But you need to take action if you want to see results. I cannot tell you if it's good or bad, but what is life without taking a risk or two right?
    Sure, anything is possible, anytime, anywhere . .
    But, truth is the only action I should take is no action. She needs time, maybe lot of time.
    The ironic part could be, that I ground my hopes to her health situation and the "difficulty"
    to attract a man.